Old 03-11-2013, 07:59 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 104
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwasurge View Post
I know what you mean, I think it's because you expect the Vector to be more stable than it is, so you turn it over, and it burns. I thought it would be good for FH but a Zone or Rhyno is better for me. I decided I don't really have the power for the Vector, 300ft is Axis territory. I carry a 176 Axis as main mid and a 179 Axis in place of Vector. I enjoyed it a lot more new with a stable S flight before it broke in.
Also IMO like the Ion, vectors are very sensitive to OAT. If you do not throw these disc cleanly they will show turn but a good clean rip with a vector into 10-15 headwinds shouldn't turn it over as well as still have plenty of LSS fade.. The vector/ION have cleaned up my form a TON because the minute you are off, there they go to the right but if you release correctly they fly very stable. Its no zone or rhino but a vector that "turns and burns" is for sure not the disc.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2013, 08:01 PM
FROLF OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
I have all three drivers. Just no major experience throwing the volt/shock. I love my amp for turn overs and hyzer flips.
Nice! Need to pick-up a new shock still' Is yours a FR or the 2nd? Enjoy the axis! Still trying to figure out where the tangent might fit in the bag...
Old 03-11-2013, 08:06 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Nice! Need to pick-up a new shock still' Is yours a FR or the 2nd? Enjoy the axis! Still trying to figure out where the tangent might fit in the bag...
2nd! So stoked bc I am a beefy teebird lover anddddd (holds breath......) the shock could be the elusive, longer teebird.

I am also an avid roc fan that is fed up with inconsistent plastic so I figure the MVP mid trio will nicely fill that role.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
2nd! So stoked bc I am a beefy teebird lover anddddd (holds breath......) the shock could be the elusive, longer teebird.

I am also an avid roc fan that is fed up with inconsistent plastic so I figure the MVP mid trio will nicely fill that role.
I was a Roc thrower. That was the one disc I thought would never leave my bag. It's gone. Axis/Vector combo gave it a swift boot to a box on my garage shelf
Old 03-11-2013, 11:46 PM
FROLF OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue9 View Post
I was a Roc thrower. That was the one disc I thought would never leave my bag. It's gone. Axis/Vector combo gave it a swift boot to a box on my garage shelf
Old 03-12-2013, 12:02 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBells View Post
I bought a black amp and found it to be just a tad bit understable, not nearly what I had expected. But after boiling-watering-down any dome and letting it sit under some books to flatten it out, it behaves almost exactly like it was described.

I'd see if you can reduce any domey-ness first before going out and buying another disc

The meme's for me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Amp meme.jpg (37.7 KB, 100 views)
Old 03-12-2013, 12:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 18
Got an Anode for push putting recently because I wanted something understable and stiff to putt with. I'm loving it and have discovered throwing upshots and short to medium anhyzers with this thing works really well. Holds a perfect line with a lot of glide.

So, now I want some more MVP plastic but not sure what to get.

My drivers are Avengers, D4, and a recent River (which is pretty dead straight awesome).
My mids are Stalker, Buzzz and Fuse.
Putting with Anode. I was using a really beat in Wizard to putter driving and upshots but the Anode is taking over that spot.

So, what gaps am I missing that something from MVP could fill? I'm just so impressed with the Anode that I want to try some more but I don't want to redo my whole bag. The Stalker and the Buzzz are ones I really wouldn't mind replacing.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 19
I would try the Axis if you're looking for a Buzz-like disc. I don't think that MVP makes a disc that would replace the Stalker. Keep in mind that the Axis does not handle OAT like a Buzz, so there will likely be an adjustment period. However, I find the Axis to be a bit more versatile than a Buzz once you get the hang of it.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 41
I just orders some Anodes to shake up my putting game, I have hit a rut with Challengers. I know they are not alike but I needed a fresh start. Looking forward to throwing them soon!

Old 03-12-2013, 12:47 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Johnson View Post

The meme's for me
I did the same. But my freakishly stable amp is now nicely under stable.
Closed Thread