Old 06-23-2012, 10:09 AM
Broad Street Bully

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Needs moar goatz.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:41 PM

Courses Played: 101

Here's some new pics from out at the island. Its still pretty rough out there and will probably take a couple winters to get it good and broke in. No water in these pics but there is water in play, but because we had a 50' buffer to contend with we had to cut down on the water holes. Despite this I believe there is still enough in play to remind you that your on a island. We also didn't want to over use the water and make it a round of disc survival...After playing the front a few times now I think we may have some tweeners out there (holes 1 and 4 from the blues), so if you play it I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on it......Also if you play it be sure to drive downtown and check out the literal 19th hole in the grassy field in front of downtown and Center Street Tavern (which has great food and micro brews on tap). Soon there will be a bridge connecting the island and downtown, so we will be able to walk from the course to the "19th hole".... Would love to hear any feedback anybody has on the course.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:09 PM

All 18 holes are now open, but there is still some heavy brush in a couple fairways. This will soon be cleared away, feel free to help out if you go out for a round. Since all fairways are cut in we plan to start working on the rough to try and make a round more enjoyable.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 196
Common Man!

Kind of makes me skeered when the designer won't take me for a round on his new course!
Old 10-21-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppydisc View Post
Kind of makes me skeered when the designer won't take me for a round on his new course!
haha....Well BennyBennyBenny has already reviewed it so I figured it unnecessary.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by heelboycraig View Post
A goat is comparable to a sheep or ibex.

An island is similar to a peninsula, except that it has water on all sides and a peninsula has water on only three sides.
No one noticed how awesome this comment was...
Old 10-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 28
Ok so I lost one of my brainwave dyed nukes at goat island hole 8 name on back with # if anyone finds this i have money for you. Love the new back 9!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdmanCR View Post
Ok so I lost one of my brainwave dyed nukes at goat island hole 8 name on back with # if anyone finds this i have money for you. Love the new back 9!
One of the guys (Drew) from our club just found one on 8 Sunday, but he said it didnt have a name or number. You can get a hold of him on our facebook or on the forum on our website

Happy to hear your digging the back. Still needs to be loosened up some in spots but its all starting to come together little by little.

Last edited by R-Intermediate; 10-29-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 28
Pm'd you about some goat island stuff

Old 04-16-2013, 03:16 PM

Just thought I would post an update. The parks department has told Gtown DGC that we need to redesign the course due to the Catawba Land Conservative taking back their three acres of land. So, we met at Goat yesterday and discussed our options. We are going to shorten hole 4 to add hole 5, shortened hole 7 which will now be holes 8 and 9. The back will now start at what was 8(now 10). 13(now15) will be shortened and 16 will be shortened. We have lost 14 and 15 as originally designed. We are working hard to ensure that this will still be a high level course and are pleased with the new design. It is still pending approval but, we feel this will be acceptable to all parties involved.