Old 03-11-2013, 11:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
/\ Exactly what I'm hoping for. I suspect the two clovers might pop back after a while too.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:01 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 17
you should never apply weight.

Just boil water, lay the disc upside down on a flat level surface and pour the water into the disc, let sit till cooled off and your set. Repeat if needed.

I have never clovered a disc this way.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:44 AM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfowler View Post
Got an Anode for push putting recently because I wanted something understable and stiff to putt with. I'm loving it and have discovered throwing upshots and short to medium anhyzers with this thing works really well. Holds a perfect line with a lot of glide.

So, now I want some more MVP plastic but not sure what to get.

My drivers are Avengers, D4, and a recent River (which is pretty dead straight awesome).
My mids are Stalker, Buzzz and Fuse.
Putting with Anode. I was using a really beat in Wizard to putter driving and upshots but the Anode is taking over that spot.

So, what gaps am I missing that something from MVP could fill? I'm just so impressed with the Anode that I want to try some more but I don't want to redo my whole bag. The Stalker and the Buzzz are ones I really wouldn't mind replacing.
Axis for sure could replace your stalker/buzz-- fuses can very depending on stability and I assume yours is very understable if pairing with the buzz and stalker currently. MVP's new Tangent seems to be a good "fuse" like disc but appears more reliable and easier to control. You could also check out a vector if you wanted a slower, more OS stalker like disc.

Volt/Amp could replace your avenger/river, depending on your power level but they do not currently have a max D driver.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 18
Seems like the Axis would be a great disk to try. I just got the fuse but if it doesn't work out I'll definitely try the Tangent. Thanks!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 103
NP. Fuses are great discs' Just tend to turn right easily with any real power.. probably one of the best hyzer-flip midrange on the market, it just flips up flat and glides for days! Is the fuse Opto or GL? GL will become very understable compared to the axis. IMO I could see the axis replacing all 3, with a vector thrown in the mix (doesn't appear you have an over-stable midrange or putter which the vector would fill nicely)
Old 03-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 4
I had an issue with the Axis when I tried it out last year. Probably due to the fact, as many have noted on here, that MVP plastic, and particularly the Axis are very sensitive to user error. Any time I tried to give it a real rip, it would turn and burn on me. And any time I tried to finesse it on approach shots, I just couldn't get the feel down for it. I ended up trading it away, but now find myself dying to try a Tangent. Have a Fuse/Buzz/Wasp right now, but rarely throw the Fuse.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 55
I might need to go shopping for some 1st Run MVP Shocks here real soon. Wasn't really sure what I was getting when I bought it originally, but after a few tosses this weekend I might be sold on how useful it can be. Was able to rip some low lasers with it and it felt really good leaving the hand. Sure hope I dont lose this one if MVP tweaked the mold for the 2nd runs.

I did just recently by a brand new 2nd run Shock, just didnt have a chance to chuck it this weekend. Hope to soon so I can compare the differences made when they adjusted the PLH.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
Your best bet is probably to try and split a 32 disc order with someone you know and just order from MVP directly.
Thanks for the heads up. Friday can't get here soon enough! Some great value for me The hardest part was not pulling the trigger but just sorting out exactly what I wanted! After much deliberation...I' pretty satisfied
Old 03-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
NP. Fuses are great discs' Just tend to turn right easily with any real power.. probably one of the best hyzer-flip midrange on the market, it just flips up flat and glides for days! Is the fuse Opto or GL? GL will become very understable compared to the axis. IMO I could see the axis replacing all 3, with a vector thrown in the mix (doesn't appear you have an over-stable midrange or putter which the vector would fill nicely)
That's what I got it for. I play a lot of wooded courses with hard right turns. I didn't have anything that had a good anhyer line and wouldn't fade back. Plus, I wanted a disc that would go straight and then fade right late. I saw Mike C post a video using the Fuse on that line and it sold me. Hyzer flipping it dead straight would be a big bonus.

I got it in Opto. 171.

The Vector is a good suggestion as I don't have any very overstable stuff in my bag beside the Avengers. The stalker is a Glo one and I use it for mid-range shots that I want to have a good left fade at the end. It seems to be more overstable than a z-line.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menacewarf View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Friday can't get here soon enough! Some great value for me The hardest part was not pulling the trigger but just sorting out exactly what I wanted! After much deliberation...I' pretty satisfied
Post a pic of your haul when it comes in.
Closed Thread