Old 03-12-2013, 07:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 123
This disc is awesome! I got a Rampage, Cannon, Patriot, and Rival before a tournament this weekend. Threw it in practice and decided I liked it enough to use in the tournament. In the four rounds we played I threw the disc 6-7 times with a few pretty awesome shots .

Beat Teebird is a good comparison since it is slightly less HSS but still will hold a hyzer line if needed. The disc also flies surprisingly far!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot_er View Post
This disc is awesome! I got a Rampage, Cannon, Patriot, and Rival before a tournament this weekend. Threw it in practice and decided I liked it enough to use in the tournament. In the four rounds we played I threw the disc 6-7 times with a few pretty awesome shots .

Beat Teebird is a good comparison since it is slightly less HSS but still will hold a hyzer line if needed. The disc also flies surprisingly far!
At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, I love the crap out of mine. They're good for so many shots, They skip well too. Almost got my first ace on a 417' hole on a skip, missed the chains by inches. Still got a drop in birdie out of the deal.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor professor View Post
At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, I love the crap out of mine. They're good for so many shots, They skip well too. Almost got my first ace on a 417' hole on a skip, missed the chains by inches. Still got a drop in birdie out of the deal.
Yea, not sure how I like the others yet. The Cannon is a little too flippy and I also had hoped the Ranpage would be more HSS. It was too windy for the Patriot and it seemed like a Leopard/TL combo.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
The rival is perfect paired with the patriot. Legacy has done themselves proud again. The disc is predictable and felt very comfortable immediately.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:54 PM
Birdie Member

I'm in love. As a recovering 11x Teebird user, this thing is perfect for me. Predicting this will be my go-to for the season.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:26 AM
Birdie Member

I'll reply to myself, why not?

I threw a couple rounds with a 168g Rival. For me, it flies like a lightly seasoned Teebird: a little turn with predictable fade, very controllable and a perfect go-to driver for me. I'm looking to fill a more stable slot in my bag and in the spirit of sticking with the same mold I was curious what people found to be a more stable Rival. I'm guessing it'll probably come down to PLH and possibly weight, which is a problem for me since I only buy online. I would love it if it was as easy as grabbing a 175g though (since I found a sweet black one).

I'm looking for straight flight with no turn at all. I used a VIP Stag in that spot but it had a bit more turn than I expected for my power (which is not a lot).

I've been following this thread for a while and there was some indication that higher weights might do it for me but wanted to see if anything new has come up.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 53
Talking Ace with Rival yesterday!

Got an ace with my Rival at Johnson Rd park in Memphis yesterday! I love that disc!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohncandyx View Post
I'll reply to myself, why not?

I threw a couple rounds with a 168g Rival. For me, it flies like a lightly seasoned Teebird: a little turn with predictable fade, very controllable and a perfect go-to driver for me. I'm looking to fill a more stable slot in my bag and in the spirit of sticking with the same mold I was curious what people found to be a more stable Rival. I'm guessing it'll probably come down to PLH and possibly weight, which is a problem for me since I only buy online. I would love it if it was as easy as grabbing a 175g though (since I found a sweet black one).

I'm looking for straight flight with no turn at all. I used a VIP Stag in that spot but it had a bit more turn than I expected for my power (which is not a lot).

I've been following this thread for a while and there was some indication that higher weights might do it for me but wanted to see if anything new has come up.
white rivals seem to have the most dome and I have found these to be more stable over all.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
white rivals seem to have the most dome and I have found these to be more stable over all.
Figures the white one I have is flat as a board.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohncandyx View Post
Figures the white one I have is flat as a board.
well there goes my help.