Old 03-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 90
Throwing Style: RHBH
Wheel failure

Well I've been rolling with my new cart & it's working out pretty well! I've been really trying to put it to the test. Not abusing it but pushing it hard to see what might break. Last week-end I had a blow-out on the course!
Luckily I was not in the middle of a tourney & I was relatively close to the parking lot.
Upon closer inspection I realised the plastic rim had broken & the tire rolled off the rim.

I went to a nearby gas station & bought some duct tape & patched the wheel back together so I could continue to play the rest of the day:

Later on when I got home I started looking for replacement wheels on eBay, etc. I needed to find a 6" wheel & there were many choices. I found a set of off-road tread, steel wheels with sealed bearings (my old wheels were not sealed bearing). These were only $6 each:

The cart 'axle' is 8mm. The ID of the sealed bearings is 1/2" so I had to make a couple reducer sleeves in the machine shop here at work:

The new wheels are installed & it's a lot more stable. Everything rolls a lot smoother now!
Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2013, 11:49 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 40

For the executive disc golfer on the go.