Old 03-15-2013, 12:21 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Didn't you read the issues I listed out?

Any reason you shouldn't? Do the words "quality control" mean anything to you? Personally, I would wait until they get their act together.
I've personally received 175 brand new 1st run D's and Proto M's, and all 175 were flawless, down right spectacular. The weights were almost 100% perfect with only a few off by 1g max. The stamps were all excellent, havent found any defects whatsoever. Yes, they've had a few bogey's but they have adapted quickly.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:25 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post
Yeah. Im a member, but never post. It looks remarkably similar to the MVP thread here .....
Sho nuff
Old 03-15-2013, 12:33 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbuch View Post
There are already Prodigy 'Collectors'? Read through the comments/reviews on that page, they are ridiculous.

Really? A brand new company puts out it's first line of mids has a better mid than anything that Innova/Discraft have been able to put out over the lifetime of their company? C'mon. I understand fanboyism but Prodigy has taken it to a whole new level.
Really. The M4 is a very nice disc. After 1rd and some field throws it replaced 2 mids in my bag (Axis & Comet). It's easily the fastest mid on the market, and has an effortless release off the finger tips, holds a really really long line, whatever you put it on. It's down right dirty in my opinion.

Last edited by burnin4; 03-15-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:53 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
I love lists:
Over weight illegal discs
Color fades
Molding issues
Trimming issues
Bad Stamps
Miss-marked midranges
Discs that fly too similar and have to be renamed
Naming convention
and dont forget. The discs "preform well in all wind conditions."
Old 03-15-2013, 09:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 148
Drinking Prodigy Coolaid....errr....white grape juice

Ps. Im not a Prodigy hater. I plan on carrying their discs when they figure this stuff out. I'm just really dissapointed there was so much hype, and they have really done a diservice to them and the sport. Every new disc is being launched without the correct questions being asked or answered. Regardless of how other companies do business, prodigy hyped being different; that was exciting for the sport. New discs, new plastic = interesting but NOT a GAME CHANGER. They are doing business the same or worse than the other lazy short sighted companies. Take a break, and do the right thing. Hire someone from another industry to do QC or has experiences with new product launches. Geez, just get something right... They seem to take more time shooting creative tall to short scenic team photos than they do launching a disc with no flaws. we aren't complaining about stuff that is meaning less like wts written too small or ink vs marker. THESE DISCS FADE IN 20 MINUTES, WTF. STOP with the (these are proto's/first runs) good, release only to your team and figure this junk out before people spend big $ to support you and then get screwed time and again.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 14
I think they look better faded
Old 03-15-2013, 09:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Prodigy will be a joke for a while to come. They are new. Seems like they have made a bunch of mistakes and are not learning from them. I commend them for the effort but this is 2013 we have witnessed lat64 west side dd MVP all grow before our eyes and those companies are doing great. With prodigy the microscope is on them by their own doing, so all their mishaps are made to seem worse. I wish them luck, but it seems like I won't grab any for a while to see if qc gets better.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:03 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
Drinking Prodigy Coolaid....errr....white grape juice

Ps. Im not a Prodigy hater. I plan on carrying their discs when they figure this stuff out. I'm just really dissapointed there was so much hype, and they have really done a diservice to them and the sport. Every new disc is being launched without the correct questions being asked or answered. Regardless of how other companies do business, prodigy hyped being different; that was exciting for the sport. New discs, new plastic = interesting but NOT a GAME CHANGER. They are doing business the same or worse than the other lazy short sighted companies. Take a break, and do the right thing. Hire someone from another industry to do QC or has experiences with new product launches. Geez, just get something right... They seem to take more time shooting creative tall to short scenic team photos than they do launching a disc with no flaws. we aren't complaining about stuff that is meaning less like wts written too small or ink vs marker. THESE DISCS FADE IN 20 MINUTES, WTF. STOP with the (these are proto's/first runs) good, release only to your team and figure this junk out before people spend big $ to support you and then get screwed time and again.
^^ This.... THREAD/
Old 03-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Every pink prodigy disc comes with a set of Will Shades.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:06 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintermatt View Post
Every pink prodigy disc comes with a set of Will Shades.

No need for me to buy prodigy, i already got a pair of ugly shades from the ace race.

random tangent - I saw the Zombee is selling insanely fast #1 at DGC, strange because it didn't get much hype on dgcr and im sure there are a ton of ace race discs laying around unused.

Last edited by Tmart; 03-15-2013 at 11:10 AM.