Old 03-16-2013, 03:18 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by scunham View Post
I can't wait till they release fairway drivers
agreed. but do i really need to have another section of my bag go up in turmoil? it's just a matter of time.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:45 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 19
You have a good point. lol

My grip is packed to the Max as it is
Old 03-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Par Member

It looks like Prodigy should recall another batch of discs, chop them up, and get a jump start on their
"Organic-Eco/Bio Fuzion" Proto Plastic.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeyohn View Post
If people are begging at the opportunity to buy a prototype then that is their choice. Giving away free discs sure doesn't seem like a sound business model to me.

Funny how nobody was calling for the gallows when the proto roc3 stamps were missing large pieces, or the totems, or the 10th buzzz stamps that are flaking off... New company new problems to overcome. Whats the excuse for the big boys that have been around since day one?? This stuff happens to everyone. They make a great feeling and flying product, if it weren't for start ups like these you'd be paying 20+ for the jankiest plastic Innova could source. We need quality competition in the market.
There is no excuse. Prodigy doing it too doesnt change the game...it is just status quo. I already said before I could care less about anyone else. No one else was as vocal about their differences to the rest of the community. Innova doesnt do all this with new releases...the put it on their website and give out a few in players packs. The expectation is a lot lower.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:49 AM

Old 03-17-2013, 04:53 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 10
One thing about Prodigy is that I always hear 'I love the feel of the plastic' and while the D4 I held in my hand did feel really nice. I can't believe there is only one blend of plastic. Can you prodigy aficionados honestly say you wouldn't like to try these new mids out in a basic and the ones they put out. This is something that upsets me about my favorite disc manufacturer Westside, since they only really have a Star and Champion type line. If I could get my hands on a Warship in basic plastic, I'd be one happy guy.

(I know you CAN get Warships in basic plastic in a supermarket in Finland already, so don't tell me or say anything about it unless you have one to sell me.)

That being said, all of the screw ups they've made so far aren't enough to keep me from giving them a go in a year or so when they hammer these things out.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 53
One thing that grinds my gears are the people who think they know everything from a few facts about a particular idem or in this case a company.

They have more plastic types dude. Look it up on their website.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:38 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
There is no excuse. Prodigy doing it too doesnt change the game...it is just status quo. I already said before I could care less about anyone else. No one else was as vocal about their differences to the rest of the community. Innova doesnt do all this with new releases...the put it on their website and give out a few in players packs. The expectation is a lot lower.
This. Prodigy set the expectations high because they told everybody how they're going to take the game to a whole new level. We'll see. Discs are ok..nothing game changing.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaFrenzy View Post
They have more plastic types dude. Look it up on their website.
Really? They might SAY they have more than one type, but all the prodigy discs I've been able to physically buy, are '400 series'

But I guess KatanaFrenzy has the hook ups and can get things I literally can't even find to purchase

Old 03-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 21
They set the bar REALLY high! I think they would have been better off letting the disc/plastic do the talking. I don't feel comfortable paying $25 for a disc marginally better then one that's $16-18. Only time will tell how good they actually are now.