Old 03-16-2013, 11:20 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Volt - This one surprises me. I get 400'-410' on an average throw, can push out to 450' but tend to use my Quasars past 400-420. Now in calm conditions I can get them to hold any release angle, and can get exceptionally straight flights, as straight as any other driver I've thrown regardless of speed or stability. Now the cool part is I can throw them hyzer 375' into a headwind and while they will flip to flat, they won't turn over to the right. I've been working them more lately and their wind resistance is surprising. I was using new shocks for most wind shots but last two rounds used Volts more and it's pretty unique how straight they are in calm conditions while being able to manage a 10-15 mph headwind. Only other straight flying drivers I've seen that can do that are beat QOLFs and seasoned Teebirds, but both of those turn a pinch easier in a headwind from what I remember.
This has been my experience as well. The quote in my sig truly describes my feelings about the Volt...
Old 03-17-2013, 09:54 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Wondering if anyone had a pretty overstable vector up for sale or trade. My last vector (proton) was perfect OS for me, but it was sadly lost and my most recent (eclipse) seems to turn a but more and doesn't have quite the stability I was looking for. I tried the boiling water trick to add a bit of dome as well as ZAMs tuning guide, but each only helped a tiny bit. I don't have any local shops to look at individual discs for dome and PLH. I'd like to try neutron plastic, but I guess I'm not too picky about that. Let me know guys, thanks.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 60
All of my Neutrons have flown nicely so far, with my favorite being the 176 fairly domey lime that is in the water of #20 on my home course...It started out a little beefier than the flatter proton eclipses I had bought prior to receiving it.

My most OS is a clear FR with tons of dome and high plh. It was my first Vector and made me think they were all that OS.

Your best bet would probably be asking for the heaviest, domiest one a shop has in whatever plastic you feel like trying. I've seen variations in dome and plh to some degree in all types of Vectors, but from my limited sample size eclipse tend to be flatter, while Neutrons so far all have had moderate dome, and FR protons all seemed on the domier side. I don't have any regular protons from the later runs though.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:13 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyeric View Post
Wondering if anyone had a pretty overstable vector up for sale or trade.
I have a lime green first-run proton Vector, moderately domey. 10/10, no ink.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by holotone View Post
IME those are the MOST overstable Vectors to date.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 57
I've got a blank green proton, like 179. It's pretty flat, so I'm not sure if it's 1st run or not, but it is pretty beefy. I have to threaten to take away its allowance to get it to stay turned over for any amount of time.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenn View Post
This has been my experience as well. The quote in my sig truly describes my feelings about the Volt...
What a conincidence....me TOO!

LOL, my first sig quote!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Busted out my old white opaque soft proton Ions today. Used them for all my putter drives and putts. Might switch back to them, love the feel of the plastic.
This...

I'm screwing around with the different plastics with my Ions...

I haven't found anything that I like the flight (throwing) of as much as that softer first?/early run Proton, the ones that are soft but don't say "soft" on them. I also find the FR softies to be more OS...? At least, they're less likely to roll over on me...maybe they're just a bit more forgiving.

Right now I have one FR and a new one that's labelled "soft." Hard to tell how they compare since the old one is fairly scuffed up.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 40
I just recently traded for an old soft proton Ion. It has temporarily booted the Spike out as main putter.
Strange that I never had (or thrown) one since I have every disc MVP has put out except the Shock and Tangent...

Old 03-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by holotone View Post
Sooo what are you looking to get for this disc?
Closed Thread