Old 03-14-2013, 09:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 199
Maybe timg could just come up with some kind of filter that lets you search for 'destination' courses. Just a few simple qualifications like camping/lodging, multiple courses etc could narrow it down.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 147
If I could write worth anything I'd put some effort into making a disc golf guide book with the focus being on destination course complexes and metroplexes with a healthy amount of food, drink and non-dg outdoor activites rolled in.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 136
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to New013
Quote:
Originally Posted by giles View Post
If I could write worth anything I'd put some effort into making a disc golf guide book with the focus being on destination course complexes and metroplexes with a healthy amount of food, drink and non-dg outdoor activites rolled in.
great idea.. i wonder if i could get a publisher to front me the money to go play a bunch of courses all around the USA so i could write such a book.

... yeah right i wish.

(PS the bluff is up to 4 in a row)
Old 04-19-2013, 06:58 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 38
Tyler state park has now moved to 10th in the rankings with two fives this morning!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 199
Yeah, more hometown homerism!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 125
And Deer Lakes has fallen down to 11th. Looks like Moraine is up to 15th. I think it is creeping up.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.7
Courses Played: 117
We're sorry to inform Selah that their time at the top is apparently limited:
Old 06-25-2013, 08:26 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 100
3 stops gets you 7

I know Maple Hill won't stand for this much longer, but now you can knock out 70% of the top ten courses with trips to Pine,CO,Highbridge,WI & Talco,TX. Sweet !
Old 06-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 31.2
Courses Played: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by giles View Post
I have to second that this is a great idea. As the "experienced" golfer, I am no longer looking to play 90 holes a day. 18-36 holes, back to a nice resort, pool, hot tub, a few restaurants and bars on site or very close. Kayaking, ziplines. beach, horseback riding, even swat golf to do while taking a day away from disc. I know it sound crazy, but it keeps the wife into it. She loves to play, but our interests vary and our jobs allow for some nice things from time to time. I am heading up to Boyne Mountain here in Michigan on Friday. This is mostly what I just described above. I have tried to research this kind of set up out of state, but have failed to find such. Anybody with input would be seen as a true comrade of this noodle arm.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.3
Courses Played: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
I have to second that this is a great idea. As the "experienced" golfer, I am no longer looking to play 90 holes a day. 18-36 holes, back to a nice resort, pool, hot tub, a few restaurants and bars on site or very close. Kayaking, ziplines. beach, horseback riding, even swat golf to do while taking a day away from disc. I know it sound crazy, but it keeps the wife into it. She loves to play, but our interests vary and our jobs allow for some nice things from time to time. I am heading up to Boyne Mountain here in Michigan on Friday. This is mostly what I just described above. I have tried to research this kind of set up out of state, but have failed to find such. Anybody with input would be seen as a true comrade of this noodle arm.
I'm not sure when the last time that you have been to Florida, but the Greater Tampa area is quickly becoming a DG destination area. Several new courses, and some old classics, plus beaches, theme parks, great restuarants etc make for a pretty good vacation, especialy when the weather up there starts turning bad.