Old 03-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyeric View Post
Sooo what are you looking to get for this disc?
PM me an offer, I'm not unreasonable...
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2013, 01:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
This...

I'm screwing around with the different plastics with my Ions...

I haven't found anything that I like the flight (throwing) of as much as that softer first?/early run Proton, the ones that are soft but don't say "soft" on them. I also find the FR softies to be more OS...? At least, they're less likely to roll over on me...maybe they're just a bit more forgiving.

Right now I have one FR and a new one that's labelled "soft." Hard to tell how they compare since the old one is fairly scuffed up.
The first softs run after the Ion mold was retooled are what you are referring to I believe. I have a green one (original Ion stamp, smooth bottom) and it's definitely one of my most overstable softs.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 24
I just got my first Vector in the mail today a 175g stormtrooper, It seems REALLY flat, so that means it's not gonna be to overstable? will it be closer to my slightly domey black axis of the same weight?

And just for reference can someone post a picture of what is considered super flat,slight dome, and super domey? I only have 1 of each so it's hard to compare.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:13 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCDG13 View Post
I just got my first Vector in the mail today a 175g stormtrooper, It seems REALLY flat, so that means it's not gonna be to overstable? will it be closer to my slightly domey black axis of the same weight?

And just for reference can someone post a picture of what is considered super flat,slight dome, and super domey? I only have 1 of each so it's hard to compare.
Just throw it.. i have a board flat vector that has high PLH and its real overstable, most OS vector i own.. fights wind like a champ too.

Its PLH more than anything
Old 03-19-2013, 02:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
The first softs run after the Ion mold was retooled are what you are referring to I believe. I have a green one (original Ion stamp, smooth bottom) and it's definitely one of my most overstable softs.
Cool, thanks for the info...

I've got about 10 Ions at this point, including new unthrown Neutron and new Soft Proton. Hopefully today I'll get out of the office early enough to go air them out.

I really try to avoid getting hooked on OOP or limited run discs. Hopefully this won't be one of those deals.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 60
The slight dome on the Vector(s)...

Are we talking about very slight, and comes to a point in the center, like a nip?
Old 03-19-2013, 02:31 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
The slight dome on the Vector(s)...

Are we talking about very slight, and comes to a point in the center, like a nip?
If you're reply to me..It was my axis that has a slight dome and my vector that is super flat. The vector actually has dimple in the middle, while the slightly domed axis has a bit of a nip.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:33 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.4
My favorite Ions are the Orange Eclipse 173g, its probably just in my head but i make alot more putts with my eclipse.. love my black neutron also
Old 03-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
My Neutron Vector has a slight dome and comes to a point in the center. I would not call it overstable at all, but it always fades on a clean throw. It flies very similar to my Neutron Axis, but on lower lines. I.E. if I give my Axis more height it will fly similarly to the Vector where as normally it has a tendency to finish straight.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
My Neutron Vector has a slight dome and comes to a point in the center. I would not call it overstable at all, but it always fades on a clean throw. It flies very similar to my Neutron Axis, but on lower lines. I.E. if I give my Axis more height it will fly similarly to the Vector where as normally it has a tendency to finish straight.
On my limited experience throwing my new vector (about 10 throws on a cold and windy soccer field just now) I would tend to agree. I found that fortunately my axis and vector don't overlap as much as I was worried they might.
Closed Thread