Disc Golf Store
Old 03-17-2013, 03:56 PM

Years Playing: 20
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Form Critique Request

Please critique / constructively criticize my form. I'm only throwing RHBH for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgR-TWb6zGY

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: LHFH
I'm no backhand expert (nor FH...) but it looks like you're doing most of the work with your arm, very little body involvement. More hip/waist rotation in your run up and follow through, used properly, could add a lot to your throw.

Not much follow through either, but I think with the added body movement and inertia more of a follow through may come naturally.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 56
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Mull through other form analyses and you'll find a lot of other helpful videos. Those were the particular 2 I though would help most.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:25 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 17

See especially the parts about "starting the lawnmower" and where your weight should be when you finish.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:59 PM

Thanks for the input!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 40
I would say your reach back could the most work.

If you see the attached images reach.png is the furthest you reach back. Notice arm is bent at elbow, you are looking over your shoulder towards target I assume and you are perpendicular to the target.

Try have a more loose run/walk up and to move the lower part of your body more. On walk up, take your right shoulder blade and have it look directly at target. Do not look over your shoulder. Instead, look towards the back of the teepad where your straight arm should be extended back with disc. Takes a while to be comfortable and not see exactly where you are throwing but you can get it.

Now release.png is your release. Looks like your weight is behind your plant foot. Maybe try getting more weight on the lead foot.

Follow.png shows the extent of your follow through. I exaggerate mine and for RHBH come pretty much a full circle and have my left foot land ahead of my right/plant foot.

*Side Note*
This is my advice. I cannot claim that this will work for you nor for anyone else. I am in no means a big arm, just someone who wants more people to become better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reach.jpg (32.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Release.jpg (31.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Follow.jpg (31.6 KB, 12 views)

Old 03-19-2013, 10:25 PM

Thanks for the advice! I'll attempt to adjust my throwing style and see what happens.