Disc Golf Store
Old 03-21-2013, 03:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
I played a couple of casual rounds recently with some of the pros near where I live. It seems they are all very impressed with the way I can throw a Lace. There really is nothing quite as amazing as throwing a long bomb downhill with a Lace. It is a thing of beauty to watch.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craton View Post
REI will be carrying Vibram discs; although it sounds like it's just a handful of locations to start off.
Good idea, but the way REI's buyers stock the Innova discs, it seems like they have no idea what molds will sell well, and Innova doesn't seem to help them learn. Not that the treatment could be any worse than the neglect of discs at the PGA Tour Superstore in Roswell, Ga, but I would like to know that Vibram is making an effort to educate the REI buyers, as well as the retail staff, about how to sell discs. What I see in stores near me that aren't specially focused in disc golf gear is really discouraging. Maybe Vibram can help change that.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Vibram Company Rep

Years Playing: 27
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
Good idea, but the way REI's buyers stock the Innova discs, it seems like they have no idea what molds will sell well, and Innova doesn't seem to help them learn. Not that the treatment could be any worse than the neglect of discs at the PGA Tour Superstore in Roswell, Ga, but I would like to know that Vibram is making an effort to educate the REI buyers, as well as the retail staff, about how to sell discs. What I see in stores near me that aren't specially focused in disc golf gear is really discouraging. Maybe Vibram can help change that.
I spent an afternoon with the REI buyer last fall and we have worked out what will do best in their stores. They've picked 10 stores to start the REI test and they will each carry the Medium Lace, Ibex and Ridge and the 170-max weight ranges. The initial REI stores will be:

Denver, Anchorage, Seattle, Salt Lake, Berkely, Bend, Portland, Spokane and Greenville, SC.

Vibram and REI have a great relationship and we will work closely with them to ensure that they have a good selection that works well for their stores.

Note: We have a great relationship with all of our retailers!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 54
Anyone have any experience with the Soft Ridge as a Turbo Putter? Can the floppy soft version stand up to the task or will it flop like a tortilla?
Old 03-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Birdie Member

Depends on the temp down here. They are pretty floppy if it's in the 70s or higher.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.2
no - too soft I can turbo it but have to put it on a spike annie spin cycle to get any distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Crunch View Post
Anyone have any experience with the Soft Ridge as a Turbo Putter? Can the floppy soft version stand up to the task or will it flop like a tortilla?
Old 03-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Par Member

Sole as a main putter?
Old 03-21-2013, 08:37 PM
Eagle Member

Gimme a couple more days, yesterday I only went in the backyard with the practice basket. It makes me miss my ridge so much, it will take me a minute to adjust. I really need a good camera.

Last edited by Hlasianguy06; 03-21-2013 at 08:38 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-21-2013, 08:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 47
Steve - played at Hawk Hallow with Vegan Ray last weekend. What was the deal with the "vomit" putters??? He's still using them.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:14 PM

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
I played a couple of casual rounds recently with some of the pros near where I live. It seems they are all very impressed with the way I can throw a Lace. There really is nothing quite as amazing as throwing a long bomb downhill with a Lace. It is a thing of beauty to watch.
^^Truer words have never been typed^^ The flight of a lace is more beautiful than a double rainbow.
Closed Thread