Disc Golf Store
  #4801  
Old 03-21-2013, 03:01 AM
TalbotTrojan's Avatar
TalbotTrojan TalbotTrojan is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,067
I played a couple of casual rounds recently with some of the pros near where I live. It seems they are all very impressed with the way I can throw a Lace. There really is nothing quite as amazing as throwing a long bomb downhill with a Lace. It is a thing of beauty to watch.
  #4802  
Old 03-21-2013, 03:12 PM
Lewis's Avatar
Lewis Lewis is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Marietta, GA
Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craton View Post
REI will be carrying Vibram discs; although it sounds like it's just a handful of locations to start off.
Good idea, but the way REI's buyers stock the Innova discs, it seems like they have no idea what molds will sell well, and Innova doesn't seem to help them learn. Not that the treatment could be any worse than the neglect of discs at the PGA Tour Superstore in Roswell, Ga, but I would like to know that Vibram is making an effort to educate the REI buyers, as well as the retail staff, about how to sell discs. What I see in stores near me that aren't specially focused in disc golf gear is really discouraging. Maybe Vibram can help change that.
  #4803  
Old 03-21-2013, 03:19 PM
StevenDodge StevenDodge is offline
Vibram Company Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Years Playing: 27
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
Good idea, but the way REI's buyers stock the Innova discs, it seems like they have no idea what molds will sell well, and Innova doesn't seem to help them learn. Not that the treatment could be any worse than the neglect of discs at the PGA Tour Superstore in Roswell, Ga, but I would like to know that Vibram is making an effort to educate the REI buyers, as well as the retail staff, about how to sell discs. What I see in stores near me that aren't specially focused in disc golf gear is really discouraging. Maybe Vibram can help change that.
I spent an afternoon with the REI buyer last fall and we have worked out what will do best in their stores. They've picked 10 stores to start the REI test and they will each carry the Medium Lace, Ibex and Ridge and the 170-max weight ranges. The initial REI stores will be:

Denver, Anchorage, Seattle, Salt Lake, Berkely, Bend, Portland, Spokane and Greenville, SC.

Vibram and REI have a great relationship and we will work closely with them to ensure that they have a good selection that works well for their stores.

Note: We have a great relationship with all of our retailers!
  #4804  
Old 03-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Johnny_Crunch Johnny_Crunch is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cypress TX
Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 941
Anyone have any experience with the Soft Ridge as a Turbo Putter? Can the floppy soft version stand up to the task or will it flop like a tortilla?
  #4805  
Old 03-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Dyoel182 Dyoel182 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 275
Depends on the temp down here. They are pretty floppy if it's in the 70s or higher.
  #4806  
Old 03-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Steezo Steezo is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Years Playing: 3.2
Posts: 200
no - too soft I can turbo it but have to put it on a spike annie spin cycle to get any distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Crunch View Post
Anyone have any experience with the Soft Ridge as a Turbo Putter? Can the floppy soft version stand up to the task or will it flop like a tortilla?
  #4807  
Old 03-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Organicvoodoo's Avatar
Organicvoodoo Organicvoodoo is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 243
Sole as a main putter?
  #4808  
Old 03-21-2013, 08:37 PM
Hlasianguy06 Hlasianguy06 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Horn Lake, Mississipi/Memphis, TN
Posts: 760
Gimme a couple more days, yesterday I only went in the backyard with the practice basket. It makes me miss my ridge so much, it will take me a minute to adjust. I really need a good camera.

Last edited by Hlasianguy06; 03-21-2013 at 08:38 PM. Reason: typo
  #4809  
Old 03-21-2013, 08:56 PM
KniceZ's Avatar
KniceZ KniceZ is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: King George VA
Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 853
Steve - played at Hawk Hallow with Vegan Ray last weekend. What was the deal with the "vomit" putters??? He's still using them.
 

  #4810  
Old 03-21-2013, 09:14 PM
Bencybul's Avatar
Bencybul Bencybul is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
I played a couple of casual rounds recently with some of the pros near where I live. It seems they are all very impressed with the way I can throw a Lace. There really is nothing quite as amazing as throwing a long bomb downhill with a Lace. It is a thing of beauty to watch.
^^Truer words have never been typed^^ The flight of a lace is more beautiful than a double rainbow.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.