#121  
Old 03-28-2013, 08:12 PM
New013's Avatar
New013 New013 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 136
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,715
Send a message via AIM to New013
My sister did the 25 mile radius courses 3+ rating. DFW and Charlotte were head and shoulders above the rest.

I did the 50 mile radius 3.5+ courses with a weighted rating and DFW and Charlotte were the best.

Anyway you shake it in that kind of set up DFW and Charlotte are the best... I wonder why?
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 03-28-2013, 08:29 PM
plastic addict's Avatar
plastic addict plastic addict is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NorCal
Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 114
Bottom line is many (most?) of us are spoiled with epic disc golf with little to no fees. Good for all of us. I feel sorry for the green-fee paying ball golfers... which I once was.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 03-28-2013, 08:46 PM
plastic addict's Avatar
plastic addict plastic addict is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NorCal
Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve West View Post
If you're going to use "with X miles", look at 42.5 degrees North, 87 degrees West. Over 100 courses within 75 miles! It must be great! That's the place I must visit once in my lifetime!
Betta get a houseboat.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 03-28-2013, 08:46 PM
doctor professor's Avatar
doctor professor doctor professor is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 916
Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 18
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic addict View Post
Bottom line is many (most?) of us are spoiled with epic disc golf with little to no fees. Good for all of us. I feel sorry for the green-fee paying ball golfers... which I once was.
Absolutely! Unfortunately there are some really great courses that are very underrated, finnon reservoir for example. As helpful as they can be to gauge a course you've never played Ratings don't mean everything. It's all opinion based anyway
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 03-28-2013, 08:53 PM
plastic addict's Avatar
plastic addict plastic addict is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NorCal
Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor professor View Post
Absolutely! Unfortunately there are some really great courses that are very underrated, finnon reservoir for example. As helpful as they can be to gauge a course you've never played Ratings don't mean everything. It's all opinion based anyway
Funny, I wish listed Finnon earlier today. I've been plenty pleased with lower rated courses in the area. Lagoon Valley, for example, is a lot of fun to me. And it's almost always wide open.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 03-28-2013, 09:05 PM
doctor professor's Avatar
doctor professor doctor professor is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 916
Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 18
Posts: 594
Finnon is completely awesome and very difficult. It's a course that really challenges anyone's abilities. One drawback is that it's under construction so to speak, but hang town is workin hard on it. It can be a little tough to navigate in its present state, plus you can't see most of the baskets from the tees so its best to go with someone who's played there before. Hit me up if you wanna go
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 03-28-2013, 09:08 PM
keith johnson keith johnson is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: east coast
Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 168
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
I haven't travelled enough to do anything but make the case for my town of Charlotte. If we're doing the 90 min radius, then....

4) One of 2 places to host pro-and am-worlds together.
NOT!!!

Michigan (twice), Kansas City, and Iowa hosted both PRO and Am Worlds before Charlotte did.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 03-28-2013, 09:21 PM
plastic addict's Avatar
plastic addict plastic addict is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NorCal
Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor professor View Post
Finnon is completely awesome and very difficult. It's a course that really challenges anyone's abilities. One drawback is that it's under construction so to speak, but hang town is workin hard on it. It can be a little tough to navigate in its present state, plus you can't see most of the baskets from the tees so its best to go with someone who's played there before. Hit me up if you wanna go
I will hit you up for sure. Playing Shady tomorrow morning in case you are interested. Should be on the box by 915-930.

/back to disc golf meccas/
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 03-28-2013, 10:58 PM
Casual Squishy Casual Squishy is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 203
The Saudi's are contemplating installing a course and ending this discussion forever. Once DG catches on there, they will all begin making pilgrimmages to Charlotte.
Reply With Quote
 

  #130  
Old 03-28-2013, 11:09 PM
plastic addict's Avatar
plastic addict plastic addict is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NorCal
Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Squishy View Post
The Saudi's are contemplating installing a course and ending this discussion forever. Once DG catches on there, they will all begin making pilgrimmages to Charlotte.
Because it's more economical than traveling to the west coast.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.