Disc Golf Store
Old 03-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddedcoconut View Post
I dont mean to come off as a jerk here. But come on, man up to it and do something to change it. Introduce yourself and explain the flow of the game and invite them to a casual league or doubles night. Explain some things that they dont know and how they can affect other people that might be out on the course with them. Why is it that people just want to cry and get mad about certain things but then never do anything to change them? Understand that people play the game for different reasons and thats ok. The courses are in public parks, not your private property. Everybody has a right to be there, man up and do something about it. As long as you are pleasant than people will be receptive. I thought disc golf wasn't supposed to be elitist? jesus christ.....
While I don't agree with the tone of this post, I do agree with its message.

I've had to speak up when people behind me have thrown on my group. I agree that often people just don't realize they're being a menace. Extending some courtesy and respect has worked well for me in the past.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 34.9
Courses Played: 153
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Wow a lot of hate here. I love seeing families out throwing discs. Sure there are bros out there but everyone wants to have fun. If they arent hurting anything stop hatin'!
Spoken like a true chucker.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Shankapotamus.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
Seeing as I play a lot of 1 disc rounds, don't play competitively, and don't have a sweet bag full of premium plastic, am I a chucker?
ODW: One disc wonder. Any unscrupulous behavior on your part quickly places you in ODD territory though, so be careful. (ODD already defined in this thread).
Quote:
I dont mean to come off as a jerk here. But come on, man up to it and do something to change it. Introduce yourself and explain the flow of the game and invite them to a casual league or doubles night. Explain some things that they dont know and how they can affect other people that might be out on the course with them. Why is it that people just want to cry and get mad about certain things but then never do anything to change them? Understand that people play the game for different reasons and thats ok. The courses are in public parks, not your private property. Everybody has a right to be there, man up and do something about it. As long as you are pleasant than people will be receptive. I thought disc golf wasn't supposed to be elitist? jesus christ.....
Most people don't want to "man up" (way to use elitist, chauvinistic language) during their leisure time, can't fault them for that. Plus, it's kind of hard to confront a pack of shirtless drunk dudes if you're by your lonesome. Besides, it's disc golf, not rocket science. Chuckers should be able to figure out common courtesy and safety rationale if they put their sixer of Shock Top down and think about it for a second. I guess we should man up and tell people not to litter, throw feces into the streets or drive over the speed limit too but in the end stupid's gonna be stupid regardless.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC AceHole View Post
That's crazy, its basically the opposite by me, our disc golf club is huge and there are always a large number of club members at any course in the area all the time. We have our fair share of "chuckers" but they tend to stay at the short easy course mostly
I live in Frankfort and am a member of J-Town... It used to be that way but I've noticed the recent trend in complete morons at Highland (one of the toughest courses in our area). When I say morons I mean 1 disc yeah but... they always seem to want to throw on you. I've been nearly hit so many times it is ridiculous. Last week I was out there and we got thrown on. The guys disc actually hit my bag which was sitting on my stool right next to me. No warning... There just seems to be a lot more of these ignorant people at Highland than there used to be. Back to the subject I have never heard the term Gomer, my friends and I just call me scrubs...
Old 03-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
ODW: One disc wonder. Any unscrupulous behavior on your part quickly places you in ODD territory though, so be careful. (ODD already defined in this thread).

Most people don't want to "man up" (way to use elitist, chauvinistic language) during their leisure time, can't fault them for that. Plus, it's kind of hard to confront a pack of shirtless drunk dudes if you're by your lonesome. Besides, it's disc golf, not rocket science. Chuckers should be able to figure out common courtesy and safety rationale if they put their sixer of Shock Top down and think about it for a second. I guess we should man up and tell people not to litter, throw feces into the streets or drive over the speed limit too but in the end stupid's gonna be stupid regardless.
Two problems with this post.

1. If your Chuckers are walking around with a sixer of Shock Top, then NC is one wealthy city. It's Natty or under around here.

2. The day you take away my right to throw feces anywhere is the day I get arrested for murder.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Two problems with this post.

1. If your Chuckers are walking around with a sixer of Shock Top, then NC is one wealthy city. It's Natty or under around here.

2. The day you take away my right to throw feces anywhere is the day I get arrested for murder.
1. Yes, I'm from the city of North Carolina.

2. Shock Top isn't that expensive, but it is massively overpriced for the faux micro-brewed garbage that it is.

3. Natty Light is probably the national beer of the city of NC.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
I find the "one disc wonder" tag somewhat contrary to the popular opinion around here that it is good to get to know the discs you have; what better way than a one disc round from time to time?
Old 03-29-2013, 02:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
I find the "one disc wonder" tag somewhat contrary to the popular opinion around here that it is good to get to know the discs you have; what better way than a one disc round from time to time?
I don't understand what you're finding contrary.

For me, ODW derives from the rare sighting of that one dude that will show up to a local tourney with nothing but a beat to hell putter or midrange or something and a jug of water and just proceed to destroy nearly everyone. He is also usually shirtless and wearing jorts.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
1. Yes, I'm from the city of North Carolina.

2. Shock Top isn't that expensive, but it is massively overpriced for the faux micro-brewed garbage that it is.

3. Natty Light is probably the national beer of the city of NC.
I fling poo. Do you really expect me to be able to differentiate between North Carolina being a town, city, or state*?

*Yes, I'm horribly ashamed to have missed that error