Old 03-31-2013, 11:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
I call them people enjoying a public park. Yes, some are idiots, but there are idiots anywhere you go in this world. I just make sure to pay extra attention to people throwing, pick up any trash I see, and be prepared to skip a hole here or there or wait (oh darn, I have to stand around outside enjoying nature...).

More importantly, I'm thankful for chuckers as they are the ones who buy the vast majority of discs that allow disc companies to have money to produce new molds, sponsor tournaments and players and generally keep the sport growing.

Just my $.02
Old 03-31-2013, 12:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Fini View Post
The oaks is by far the worst.
I don't get out to the oaks much unless leagues are there. I didn't realize it was so bad. I guess in that general area that's the only 18+ hole course since they made new Lenox a 9. That sucks...
Old 03-31-2013, 12:03 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
Early morning is the best time to play disc golf. Only real players are out at that time, and the courses are usually pretty empty.
Amen to that, it just sucks when ya wanna play a round after work around 5 in the summer and its packed with shirtless frat-tastic champ boss throwing chuckers who have no respect and total disregard for anyone and everyone aside from themselves...
Old 03-31-2013, 12:17 PM
* Innova: Choice of Champions *

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 14
Quickest solution for getting away from chuckers: move away from the Northeast and Midwest. Not saying the South and West are chucker-free, just less numerous and far less annoying.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:46 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
More importantly, I'm thankful for chuckers as they are the ones who buy the vast majority of discs that allow disc companies to have money to produce new molds, sponsor tournaments and players and generally keep the sport growing.

Just my $.02
Your $.02 is wrong on this point. Most chuckers do not buy plastic as it would cut into their beer money too much. Let me restate this again, in case I wasn't clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
The problem with this thread is that too many people are getting the term "chucker" mixed up with various types of casual players we've all come across. There is a distinction.
And again, in case I wasn't clear....

Quote:
The problem with this thread is that too many people are getting the term "chucker" mixed up with various types of casual players we've all come across. There is a distinction.
And again, in bold red text, because some of you keep getting the concept wrong....

Quote:
In short, the term chucker is a pejorative one. Bringing two high speed drivers to the course that one bought at Walgreens does not make one a chucker. Playing in an eightsome because one doesn't know any better does not make one a chucker. Being able to throw only 150' nose up does not make one a chucker.

But that trail of beer cans strewn about your course? That graffiti on the tee signs, that drunken imbicile using the polehole as a urinal? Your favorite driver disappearing from the middle of the fairway? Those drives raining down on your group from a bunch of locals who should know better because they've gotten cussed out for it before and simply don't care? You can thank chuckers for all of those.

So those of you still getting the term chucker mixed up with your run of the mill casual player, get the distinction down before further posting please.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 45
I'm going to ignore scarpfish for the moment and call a chucker anyone on the course I don't already know. That's why I don't play alone on summer evenings. The course I can walk to is pretty open with a relatively low difficulty level, so it will usually have about nine couples or groups on it on any given evening. I agree with playing in the early morning. I've never seen a chucker that early regardless of your definition of chucker. Hell, I've only seen people I know that early, which is the point I was making in the first place. I should be out there with them right now, but Lotus decided to play here last night and keep me up really late.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:32 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 143
Termites: they chew up the courses. This refers to the shirtless punk fratboy types throwing their discs with other peoples names inked on them. Drinking cheap beer and being generally disrespectful. Termites.
However, some posts mentioned families throwing or one discers. I love seeing families out. Just skip around them. No biggie. One discers likewise. They don't pose a problem. If a dude is throwing multiple shots, so what? Play through. Go around. Whatever. Your casual round and theirs are the same. It must be tough to throw 500 feet from your high horse.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 1
I think Scarp is trying to drive a point home.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:41 PM
Eagle Member

His point is valid but people are getting confused i think because there is so much overlap between the casual 2 discers and the chuckers he is referring to. More times than not those same 2 or 1 discers are the ones drawing graffiti on that 175 foot hole they aced with a flick from their champ boss and throwing empty beer cans and garbage all over the course. It's a hard distinction to make but it is there.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Your $.02 is wrong on this point. Most chuckers do not buy plastic as it would cut into their beer money too much. Let me restate this again, in case I wasn't clear.

And again, in case I wasn't clear....

And again, in bold red text, because some of you keep getting the concept wrong....

In short, the term chucker is a pejorative one. Bringing two high speed drivers to the course that one bought at Walgreens does not make one a chucker. Playing in an eightsome because one doesn't know any better does not make one a chucker. Being able to throw only 150' nose up does not make one a chucker.

But that trail of beer cans strewn about your course? That graffiti on the tee signs, that drunken imbicile using the polehole as a urinal? Your favorite driver disappearing from the middle of the fairway? Those drives raining down on your group from a bunch of locals who should know better because they've gotten cussed out for it before and simply don't care? You can thank chuckers for all of those.

So those of you still getting the term chucker mixed up with your run of the mill casual player, get the distinction down before further posting please.
I'll post wherever I want, thank you very much.