Throwing Style: RHBH
And by ugly you mean awesome right? Lol
Old 03-31-2013, 02:25 PM
Bending Rodriguez

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 94
Send a message via AIM to B3NDER
You know he's right because he has that super lame a$$ guy from the big bang theory as his avatar, oh wait, all of those dudes are lame as hell.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC AceHole View Post
His point is valid but people are getting confused i think because there is so much overlap between the casual 2 discers and the chuckers he is referring to. More times than not those same 2 or 1 discers are the ones drawing graffiti on that 175 foot hole they aced with a flick from their champ boss and throwing empty beer cans and garbage all over the course. It's a hard distinction to make but it is there.
I'm a fan of scarp's so take this as you will, but why does his point matter more than anyone else's? He talks on that post like he was the OP. He wasn't. The OP wasn't clear with the term "chuckers", so unless they are clear with it nobody is going to be wrong in their definitions.

That said, I don't like dealing with these "chuckers" either. But I have never had that issue on a difficult/burly/heavily wooded/extremely hilly course. They go to courses like Mineral Springs, Lakewood, or any nine hole, but if you play something like Sedro Wooley, SeaTac, Bud Pell, etc? I've never had a problem at one of those. I hardly even see other people at all when I play those. The chuckers who do show up probably quit by hole 3.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:06 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHFH
I call them rooks. As in rookies. I play on a pretty desolate course but I've seen a bunch of groups of college aged kids with shirts off and carrying discs. I don't pass judgement because I have carried 5 or 6 out before I got a bag. Plus, as a poor college student myself, a bag is a month of groceries and to fill it is two. I only get mad at people who litter or throw into your group without warning. We have a big problem with litter because the city took our garbage cans out for winter like no one was going to play. As for people throwing into my group, it has happened once. Someone had thrown an errant shot down a hill and with no idea we were there. Actually clipped my one buddies arm.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:57 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
So at the risk of public ridicule can I ask what exactly is the definition of a chucker?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 31
i like the term, flat washer. what is the purpose of a flat washer? why to take up space of course.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
So at the risk of public ridicule can I ask what exactly is the definition of a chucker?
Any unfortunate person who happens to be the focus of a juvenile temper tantrum borne of irritability and arrogance.

Contrary to the superficial appearances, this thread has nothing to do with disc golf. It is about the psychology of social groups and superiority complexes.

There are "chuckers" anywhere there are social groups and cliques.

If other posters in this thread approach a group they identify as "chuckers" and ask them "hey what do you call those people that carry around big bags of discs and take forever to line up their shots?", you will get responses that are exactly like what you see in this thread.

Last edited by IHearChains; 04-01-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHearChains View Post
If other posters in this thread approach a group they identify as "chuckers" and ask them "hey what do you call those people that carry around big bags of discs and take forever to line up their shots?", you will get responses that are exactly like what you see in this thread.
Now that thread could be fun.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallpaul View Post
Shoobie is from Appleton. He and I have been playing together since the late 1980s. He still plays. Might have been him on Schweiger that you played with in 98.
"Schwebbie" was likely Brian Schweberger, 12989. 1021 current rating. I don't know him, but I know other NC guys who know him call him Schwebbie.