Old 04-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
Love some of these terms. Here in SC, it's usually the Dudebros. As in, "Do those Dudebros seriously need to hit their pipes before every throw?" However, Dudebro is a pretty specific sort of person. It'll be nice to be able to incorporate Helmets into my vocabulary.

And I am definitely a Hack by that definition.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
Also love Flat Washer.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 31.3
Courses Played: 178
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
My problem is the families that have no respect for the game or anyone else around them. They throw while you're still playing the hole (luckily they only throw their Bosses about 150 feet) they try to play the course during big tournaments, they are loud, etc. Etc.

A majority of other sports don't have to deal with those kind of behaviors.
I see the same in ball golf, though the very old guy running around in a golf cart, keep them in line. Bowling the other day and all kinds of families with kids running up and down the lanes and such. Same idea.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 16
The worst is my local course is right next to a bunch of soccer fields and the little kids and families just walk through the first and second hole. It's like they think we're throwing paper plates that can't hurt them. They literally sit in the middle of the fairway and pick flowers and the parents just watch. Way worse than chuckers.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
Your $.02 is wrong on this point. Most chuckers do not buy plastic as it would cut into their beer money too much. Let me restate this again, in case I wasn't clear.

And again, in case I wasn't clear....

And again, in bold red text, because some of you keep getting the concept wrong....

In short, the term chucker is a pejorative one. Bringing two high speed drivers to the course that one bought at Walgreens does not make one a chucker. Playing in an eightsome because one doesn't know any better does not make one a chucker. Being able to throw only 150' nose up does not make one a chucker.

But that trail of beer cans strewn about your course? That graffiti on the tee signs, that drunken imbicile using the polehole as a urinal? Your favorite driver disappearing from the middle of the fairway? Those drives raining down on your group from a bunch of locals who should know better because they've gotten cussed out for it before and simply don't care? You can thank chuckers for all of those.

So those of you still getting the term chucker mixed up with your run of the mill casual player, get the distinction down before further posting please.

Well said. I was a newbie at one time as were all of you guys. I have all the time in the world for newbies or people trying to learn the game. Usually I'll end up giving them some help and/or discs. However, those who litter, don't have any respect for anyone else, and vandalize and/or steal property, don't deserve to have any respect. They should not be allowed to use the course, Public or Private.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
I carry my discs in a plastic bag...why? because I spent too much money on discs and can't buy a bag right now....

when I'm only throwing a few discs I don't carry any bag... what's the point if I'm only carrying 3 or 4 discs. '

I've played a lot of ball golf and I also have common sense. Yes there are times Ill throw two or 3 discs off the tee for practice. However I never do it when the course is busy or people are waiting. I also don't really like people behind me or in front of me really. I'm new and I'm a bit slow no point in me holding anyone up and making me feel rushed.

Hate it when people hit in to me, golf, and would never hit into someone else.....same goes for disc golf.

I haven't ran into anyone thats given me any problems or even said anything negative to me. So far everyone's been pretty cool.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 51
^Welcome to the greatest addiction in the world.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 44
Wow, some people really get serious huh? I had a really long post ready, and decided it wasn't worth it.

It just seems that if you take it this serious, and get pissed at people using the park for fun, then you need to re-analyze why you play, and where you play.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake911 View Post
Wow, some people really get serious huh? I had a really long post ready, and decided it wasn't worth it.

It just seems that if you take it this serious, and get pissed at people using the park for fun, then you need to re-analyze why you play, and where you play.
Using the park for fun, and being a chucker is not the same. And yea, some of us do take our time at the course more seriously. Especially when we play so infrequently.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake911 View Post