Old 04-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Par Member

That shock is nice!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Wow.. So I went down and threw a few discs around (Amp, Volt, Shock, Tangent) and am amazed. The Amp is a perfect Understable fairway driver.. The Shock and Volt fly very similar for me.. When I throw it up high they have a nice fade (the volt slightly more) and when i throw it perfectly straight it holds the line effortlessly and ends with a small predictable fade.. Very impressed. As far as the Tangent.. I threw it and it held its line. Straight the whole way.. Very impressed. I put a hyzer on it and it still held it perfectly. Buzzz/Tangent/Anode are a great team.. So excited for this summer!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Depth View Post
Look what I bought today!

NICE!

I just got my first MVP disc, the Tangent. It kicked my fuse out of my bag right away. I hit chains on a sick anny through sone tight trees today from about 175' out. It holds lines like nothing I've ever thrown.

Can anybody compare the Shock to TBs and Stags? I love my Stag for calm conditions, but it doesn't like the wind. Do Shocks fight wind like a TB?
Old 04-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 29
People keep comparing Tangents to Fuses, but my tangent wouldn't turn unless I gave it a considerable amount of power.

Did I get a weird one?
Old 04-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
Wow.. So I went down and threw a few discs around (Amp, Volt, Shock, Tangent) and am amazed. The Amp is a perfect Understable fairway driver.. The Shock and Volt fly very similar for me.. When I throw it up high they have a nice fade (the volt slightly more) and when i throw it perfectly straight it holds the line effortlessly and ends with a small predictable fade.. Very impressed. As far as the Tangent.. I threw it and it held its line. Straight the whole way.. Very impressed. I put a hyzer on it and it still held it perfectly. Buzzz/Tangent/Anode are a great team.. So excited for this summer!!!
keep throwing them and you'll see a big difference between the shock and volt. That is if you have a second run shock. If you have a first run the difference will be much more subtle but noticeable with time.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorent View Post
People keep comparing Tangents to Fuses, but my tangent wouldn't turn unless I gave it a considerable amount of power.

Did I get a weird one?
I don't know the fuse or your power but my tangents hold turn with power. I have three of varying weights that all fly fairly similar. If u can compare the PLH to another tangent that could be enlightening, if that doesn't tell you anything it might just be the way you personnaly throw as we are all different. GL
Old 04-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorent View Post

Did I get a weird one?
My Fuse is 176, I loved it for a long time (still do) but my 171 Tangent is exactly what I was looking for in a US mid. The heavier Fuse always tried to fight out of long anhyzers, where as the Tangent just holds it.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjowo View Post
NICE!

Can anybody compare the Shock to TBs and Stags? I love my Stag for calm conditions, but it doesn't like the wind. Do Shocks fight wind like a TB?
no the 2nd run shocks handle wind much better than a tb ever dreamed of. the shock does not get pushed around in the wind from experience.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post
no the 2nd run shocks handle wind much better than a tb ever dreamed of. the shock does not get pushed around in the wind from experience.
that is without an oattastsic FH rip [guilty at times]

Old 04-04-2013, 11:45 PM
Birdie Member

I threw the shock into a blistering headwind this evening and it only flipped a teeny bit, then came back solid at the end. Flew a lot like my Volt on a calm day, in fact...
Closed Thread