Old 04-03-2013, 12:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
^i have 2 stags like that so they are out there. Great grip nice and easy to see on the course too.
Good point on the visibility. I find my dark red, transparent VIPs to be a bit hard to spot.

This is the first Glopto disc I've had, but I've seen/held a few before and have always liked the feel. The local disc seller has a sick 170 Glopto River, opaque and gummy, that I definitely would have snagged for myself had I not converted to Underworlds. Nice to finally bag one of these.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 62
anybody throw an air giant yet? i'm curious to hear how overstable they are.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post
... I definitely would have snagged for myself had I not converted to Underworlds. Nice to finally bag one of these.
I have not seen it in this thread but could you give a brief river vs underworld breakdown? If you were willing to scrap them for underworlds i am dying to know what the contributing factors were.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post
anybody throw an air giant yet? i'm curious to hear how overstable they are.
My air giant doesn't turn unless i get a little wrist roll in there.

Its the best air/blizzard disc i've thrown.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarwig View Post
I have not seen it in this thread but could you give a brief river vs underworld breakdown? If you were willing to scrap them for underworlds i am dying to know what the contributing factors were.
Sure!

I'm a pretty new player who maxes out at a bit over 300', with 275' being a functional average for my drives. I've used Rivers in Gold line and Test Material, ranging from 163 to 170, and I've never had a River turn out of the box for me on a flat release: they've all be straight to fade, and will even fight out of an anny if I don't release them right (which, being a newbie, I am wont to do). I have to work to get them to turn over, at least until they beat in (which takes time in GL, and makes me paranoid about losing discs, which I am also wont to do).

The Underworld turns easily and predictably for me out of the box in either plastic. My 172 VIP holds its own in a crosswind, and can fly straight with a slight hyzer release or on lower power throws, or can hold a slow, gradual hyzer when released on a deeper hyzer angle. My 167 Tournament is awesome for slow, reliable turnovers, even on lower power throws or on low-flying tunnel shots.

I love how easy it is to turn these discs over (I throw exclusively RHBH, so perfecting turnovers is a focus of mine), and I love how the variation between the various plastics allows me to cover every line from stable to understable. The glide is at least comparable to the River's, and I've had a few throws with the Underworld that have far exceeded any other throws I've had (probably hitting 325' or so; a big deal for me). The VIP also handles the wind better than the Rivers I've thrown, although I haven't thrown a River in Opto at a comparable weight. So basically, out of the box, Underworlds can do everything Rivers can for me as well as some things that they can't, given their extra notch of understability.

There's a bunch of chatter in here about these if you'd like some more info. Suffice it to say, I'm a huge fan.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 13
Super informative write up. thank you! Sounds like our throwing/arms are a bit different but we both rely on turnovers in place of forehands.

Opto rivers are indeed entirely different beasts all together than GL and that slot where I used to reach for an opto river, i now reach for my beat up gl saint.

I've been super dedicated to my GL rivers so I haven't paid much attention to the underworld thread. i will dig in now that you have my attention.

underworld = Plus rim?
Old 04-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Assuming you're a higher power thrower than me, I'd start with trying out a VIP, if you decide to give it a whirl. It should turn easier than a GL River, and handle the wind a bit better.

The rim is a mild plus; in my hand it seems less so than the River. More so than, say, a Leopard, and enough to get a good grip on it.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:42 PM

Wesside's discs vary greatly. I've owned 5 of there line in pairs if you do get one we're are unsatisfied with the stability I wouldn't stop there.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Eagle Member

I don't want to start a new thread for this, so I want to see what ya'll recommend. I throw my drivers (see sig) between 375' to 400' feet. I want to try some new big d drivers. I want something around the same rim width (2.1-2.2 max). What do ya'll recommend between the Sword and Trespass...or maybe wait for the Renegade? I want one disc that i can buy in 3 different plastics/weights to cover different stabilities (so i can limit my distance driver molds). Thanks!

Old 04-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Bogey Member

I've powered into a TP Underworld 174g with slight hyzer thinking it would have popped up and flew straight, which it did for 200ft, after that it took the largest Anhyzer dog leg I have ever thrown. Def a time and a place for this disc.