Old 04-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Putters! Putters! Putters!

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: LHFH
I'll probably be making most of my own meals, but I wouldn't mind sampling some barbecue or a local favorite (around here it would be the chili parlors). Does Charlotte have a "specialty" food/meal?
Old 04-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Forget about Bracketts Bluff. Number one - no dogs allowed, number two - it is going private starting tomorrow, members only $50 a year for a "membership".
Old 04-07-2013, 07:58 PM

I've already written off Bracketts due to the pet restriction. If it's as good as it sounds, $50/year sounds like a bargain! I'm thinking I'll substitute Idlewild for it.

Here's my latest list update.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 183
If I were you I would just go straight to the charlotte area. My wife and I went to Charlotte to play for part of our honeymoon and regretted playing some of those courses only once.......There are some decent ones around knoxville and asheville, but none of those held a candle to renny, nevin and hornets nest......just my two cents. Have fun!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 114
Charlotte has lots of disc golf. Good disc golf. Very good disc golf. A person could spend a week there and would get tired before he got bored.

But the courses along the route there and back offer more variety over Charlotte's lineup, and quality courses in their own right.

Plus, it's always wise to not play everything in Charlotte. It leaves the player with a good excuse to return.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 52
Which ever day you decide to play Bradford, if you do play it, try to play it later in the day. I get out there after work at least 3 nights a week around 5:15, i'd love to meet up with you and be your guide, i'm the course director there.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
Charlotte has lots of disc golf. Good disc golf. Very good disc golf. A person could spend a week there and would get tired before he got bored.

But the courses along the route there and back offer more variety over Charlotte's lineup, and quality courses in their own right.

Plus, it's always wise to not play everything in Charlotte. It leaves the player with a good excuse to return.
This is pretty much my thinking. After seeing the recent Marty McGee tourney videos, I already know that I'm going to want to come back more than once. I've also heard WAY too many great things about Harmon Hills, Stoney Hill, and Sugaree (amongst others) to not show them some love, especially since I'm driving through most of them anyway.

I'm doing this trip for many reasons. One is to meet TOURNEYPLAYER in person and let him get a chance to see Smokey again since he (and many others) is the reason I have him. Another is a numbers game as I set a goal of breaking 100 courses and 10 states (no I don't give a chit to be 80playedin10states!) by the end of the year. Yet another is to get some of the members I chat with/troll so many hours of the day. Still yet another is to see how the highly-rated courses in my area compare to the rest of the country.

Schleppy, I will try to play Bradford later in the day to get a round in with you. Anyone else that has some time during the days I'm in their town that wants to join me, feel free to say something, and I'll work to schedule rounds with everybody.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 24
As already stated, Harmon Hills is a MUST PLAY if you'll be in the area. 27 amazing holes. worth spending a whole day there in my opinion. hands down the best disc golf course I've ever played.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3840
Old 04-08-2013, 08:44 AM

I noticed that they have Saturday Random Draw the day I'm planning to play. Is the course pretty full for it? Will I be able to play a single round?

Old 04-09-2013, 04:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 114
A Stoney Hill update. Well, correction, really.

The 18-hole Diamond layout is 7230 feet. The 24-hole Quartz layout is actually 8310 feet. The Quartz is the layout that allows you to either play, or see, everything. (We've been tinkering with layouts and in my head, I'd lost a couple of thousand feet somewhere. I just finished the scorecards for this weekend's tournament and realized the error).

Rest up.