Old 04-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 124
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by smyith View Post
angry might not be the best word choice. but if YOU yourself brought it up sooooo
Soooooo.......what? I was just making a statement?
Old 04-09-2013, 02:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menacewarf View Post
Also the ironic twist is that the cheater got so brazen in that final round and pumped roc up so high, that that is how they ended up getting found out. Ifnthe results were closer I would never have been spurned by you guys to start looking through the IP addresses.
This is even more proof that it was one of the winners IMO. They beefed up the roc by over voting but they weren't sure how many votes for sure they would need to win. They ended up way over shooting it...cheaters

I hope you find out who did it. If you need any help or if there is anything i/we can do, please let us know.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:33 PM
The Whole Flipping Shed

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 11
Send a message via Skype™ to Titanic_Sinks
Quote:
Originally Posted by smyith View Post
angry might not be the best word choice. but if YOU yourself brought it up sooooo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc430 View Post
Soooooo.......what? I was just making a statement?
C'mon guys. I think it would be pretty funny if the the roc AND buzzz lost in an earlier round anyway...
Old 04-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 60
I'm pretty sure the teebird did beat the Buzzz without the cheating but it's not in stone yet. I'm still back in round two where there are some matchups that were flipped due to cheating. I'm just glad it seems like I can go back and change everything.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 30
Really sad to see someone had to go and ruin the fun. I'm glad everything is getting sorted out even if it means I drop lower in the standings (was in 3rd). Thanks for doing all this menacewarf, the entire event was fun and a great idea, really a shame someone tried to take advantage of the system (and also crappy that the bracket website didn't care).
Old 04-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 35
rubbish.
anyone else get the feeling this guy is going to get trolled hard when we find out who he is?
Old 04-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

^^it wasn't the bracket website, it was the survey website. Surveymonkey.com, just to clarify.

edit: we need some seriously sleuth work here. If we can't find the IP address what can we do? Once the dust settles we need to compare the cheated bracket vs. the true bracket and see who benefited the most from the cheating. I'm guessing one of the top 10 had 100% of the cheats guessed.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 11
I didn't pay an attention to this contest/bracket... did it involve merely setting a bracket, or did you vote for every matchup?
Old 04-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintermatt View Post
I didn't pay an attention to this contest/bracket... did it involve merely setting a bracket, or did you vote for every matchup?
Apparently the trick was to vote A LOT for every matchup...

Old 04-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc430 View Post
^^it wasn't the bracket website, it was the survey website. Surveymonkey.com, just to clarify.

edit: we need some seriously sleuth work here. If we can't find the IP address what can we do? Once the dust settles we need to compare the cheated bracket vs. the true bracket and see who benefited the most from the cheating. I'm guessing one of the top 10 had 100% of the cheats guessed.
Woops, was typing too fast and wrote the wrong thing. Thanks for pointing out that it was surveymonkey.

Also while it would make sense that whoever cheated the system would make sure they won every round, you'd have to expect them to not be dumb enough to have 100% a perfect bracket in the cheated rounds. But maybe they are considering they made so many votes in the last round (and cheated at a free+fun event).

Would there be any way to see the ip addresses of people posting in this thread? Maybe they accidentally made a post while still behind the proxy and we could figure it out that way. (I don't know anything about internet security and networking though, so apologies if this is entirely off base).