Disc Golf Store
Old 04-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 24
I agree that speed 7 fairway drivers would be good addition to the current line up. Something like Leopard/FD, River, Underworld
Old 04-08-2013, 07:24 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
i would say the axis and vector pushes to speed 6, i can bomb them farther than other midranges.
but i agree, something in between their mid-ranges and fairways would be very desirable.

I would rather see a distance driver lineup first though, drivers are my most highly anticipated release from MVP.

i think Gyro tech will only be more amplified with drivers considering the power you would put behind a long distance throw.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:49 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 9
Side question here - strictly out of curiosity.

I received a pair of Soft Eclipse Anodes today and am interested to learn where is everyone else is placing their control (index) finger on the rim?

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePiRaTE View Post

I received a pair of Soft Eclipse Anodes today and am interested to learn where is everyone else is placing their control (index) finger on the rim?

Thanks.
are you putting or driving or approaching?
Old 04-09-2013, 01:01 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfanatic7 View Post
are you putting or driving or approaching?
Putting. I only use a control finger on the rim for putting anyways.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePiRaTE View Post

Thanks.
I tuck mine under for more snap/spin. Grips are very personal though...I try and use as few as possible.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81 View Post
Has MVP considered bringing out a disc in the speed 6-7 category? Something along the lines of a glider cyclone/gazelle.

I know the Volt is considered a fairway driver, but I consider it in the speed 9 or 10 category.
I believe this is fairly low on the priority list...Not exactly a big market for such a thing. It also would seem that MVP has defined their idea of a fairway driver pretty clearly with their speed 8-9(Volt is slower than PD, which is slower than the Orc, which is my standard for speed 10) releases. Personally I don't see the advantage of such discs over the Amp/Volt/Shock. They are all easy to range even at 300', and since they have putters and mids that fly long for their respective classes their is not much that isn't covered imo. If there is enough demand I'm sure they would do it eventually though.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:10 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I believe this is fairly low on the priority list...Not exactly a big market for such a thing. It also would seem that MVP has defined their idea of a fairway driver pretty clearly with their speed 8-9(Volt is slower than PD, which is slower than the Orc, which is my standard for speed 10) releases. Personally I don't see the advantage of such discs over the Amp/Volt/Shock. They are all easy to range even at 300', and since they have putters and mids that fly long for their respective classes their is not much that isn't covered imo. If there is enough demand I'm sure they would do it eventually though.
Yep, the gliding ability of the mids and putters almost covers the slot altogether. Powering down their fairway drivers covers the other end.

For now at least. They could definitely make a speed 7 if they keep having successful disc releases. Money is one of those amazing things that does wonders for a company...
Old 04-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 63
So this question is half dealing with MVP. I throw alot of their discs, and love them. However, my Volt goes extremely straight, and my Shock is pretty much comparable to a Firebird. What I'm looking for is a disc that's right in between the two. Since alot of you all know the Volt and Shock pretty well, I thought I might get some decent suggestions here.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:26 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knettles View Post
So this question is half dealing with MVP. I throw alot of their discs, and love them. However, my Volt goes extremely straight, and my Shock is pretty much comparable to a Firebird. What I'm looking for is a disc that's right in between the two. Since alot of you all know the Volt and Shock pretty well, I thought I might get some decent suggestions here.
I'd try a max weight Volt and a lightweight Shock. Also gives you an excuse to buy two more discs
Closed Thread