Old 04-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joner11 View Post
Okay thanks! Tangent is understable mid correct? And Axis is like a Buzzz? And Vector like a Wasp?
I agree that you should start with an Ion, Volt, and Axis. That could change depending on your power level, though.

But the only answer to the comparison questions is kiiiiiiiinda.

The Tangent is only slightly understable--it's no DX Stingray. It's the slowest of the three mids, and only marginally longer than the putters. But it has point-and-shoot qualities unlike any disc on the market.

The Axis, depending on plastic, run, dome, etc., may fly like a Buzzz, but only kinda. Same with the Vector/Wasp. You really just have to give 'em a chuck and see what you think. But it's totally worth it.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
Correct. The Tangent isn't that understable tho.
What would you compare a Tangent to then? Buzzz SS?
Old 04-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenn View Post
I agree that you should start with an Ion, Volt, and Axis. That could change depending on your power level, though.

But the only answer to the comparison questions is kiiiiiiiinda.

The Tangent is only slightly understable--it's no DX Stingray. It's the slowest of the three mids, and only marginally longer than the putters. But it has point-and-shoot qualities unlike any disc on the market.

The Axis, depending on plastic, run, dome, etc., may fly like a Buzzz, but only kinda. Same with the Vector/Wasp. You really just have to give 'em a chuck and see what you think. But it's totally worth it.
Thanks for the info! As far as arm strength, I can get my Laces out from 450-500' in the summer. So you think with a 170g Tangent I could get it to flip pretty easily?
Old 04-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Thanks for the info! As far as arm strength, I can get my Laces out from 450-500' in the summer. So you think with a 170g Tangent I could get it to flip pretty easily?
wasnt the lace released in nov?
anyway i can flip a 173 tangent and im a 400+ thrower
Old 04-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post
wasnt the lace released in nov?
anyway i can flip a 173 tangent and im a 400+ thrower
It was released in November yes. But I have thrown it 440' in cold, crappy weather during the winter so I will be able to toss 450-500' in the summer.

But okay so I should be fine with a 170g Tangent. Thanks!
Old 04-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 4
Why aren't any of these 500 ft guys out at my courses?
Old 04-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Birdie Member

I know there is a separate thread for the up-and-coming Nano that MVP is releasing but anyone think it is indeed an overstable putter close to Zone-like?
Old 04-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenaciousg View Post
Why aren't any of these 500 ft guys out at my courses?
I'm in WI right now for college and in MN during the summer. Where are you?
Old 04-11-2013, 04:14 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Okay thanks! Tangent is understable mid correct? And Axis is like a Buzzz? And Vector like a Wasp?
on midrange throws it neutral, if you power it up, it becomes a little understable.

My favorite MVP discs are:

Fairways:
Shock, predator like overstable disc, good wind fighter for windy days, will break in very nicely. Thrown flat with power it will fly straight with NO turn at all and then after 50-60% of flight a sweeping fade and on lower lines has GREAT skips.
Volt, great all around fairway driver for MANY types of throws.. my favorite go-to fairway driver.

Midrange:
Vector, people say its a roc, but some of my early run vectors are even more overstable. Fights moderate winds easily.
Axis, amazing slightly overstable disc like a straighter buzzz, powered up goes straight and BOMBS farther than its speed would suggest. I mainly use it for straight throws i want to go farther than my tangent.
Tangent, its a neutral to slightly understable disc, like a comet with less glide and more wind resistance (it has great wind resistance for a neutral disc, imo). You can power it up on ANY line and it will hold it all the way to the ground. holds long forward penetrating hyzers. AMAZING disc and fun to use because you can control it so well if you have good form.

Putters:
Ion, this is the only putter i use (It replaced my Challengers and Magnets). Similar to a wizard. its a slightly over-stable putter with a bead. it dumps better when it gets to the basket than an Anode, so if you miss its not going to fly past and leave you with a harsh recovery putt to make. More wind resistance than the Anode on putts and drives.

Many people like the Anode because its so straight flying point and shoot, but i prefer a more stable putter for reliability in more conditions.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:16 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 278
Quote:
Hey MVP family...Would an Ion, Axis, and Shock be a good start??
I throw Ibexes and Vectors a lot so if you want something that a little more overstable than your Obex I highly recommend a Vector. Go Neutron for the best grip (but of course nothing has a better grip than X-Link).
Closed Thread