Old 04-14-2013, 11:33 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHFH
Opto Red River

I was showing a buddy around the new to him course as we have both ended up in this new town .

As I went thru my pre flight check list , I thought ' this is a hard color to see , keep an eye on it ' . So i did , as it went into the perfect hyzer and kissed the last tree , wobbling and fighting for distance . Got it , off the tree , behind the bent over tree , behind that stump , prolly on the trail . Searched for 20 mins., WTF ! Gave up and carried on , knowing I'll get it later.

Came back the next morning with my son , put a bounty on it so he would look for it . An hour later , nothing . Went home .

An hour later , Got the call , let's play !

Told this story in the parking lot , my buddy sold me an orange River .
As we got to the hole , I told the story again and sent my new River on its maiden voyage . It goes off the tree in front of the tree I hit the first time !
"that's it ! That's exactly how I lost it ! "

And we searched .....

One of the buds tells me as I give up for the third time , " so and so says he doesn't return discs " . "WTF , I just gave him back 2 that I had found !"

I really hope I don't see him or his crew with it ...

I KNOW it's hiding on edge in the bushes , waiting to come home...
Old 04-14-2013, 09:53 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Lost 2 discs this weekend at the Stoney Hill Challenge in Newberry, SC. The first one was an MVP Volt which I either didnt get enough power behind my throw or my angle was off or a mix of the two, but it flew about 30-40 feet into the corner of the lake on my second drive on hole 17 (Diamond Course). The next day I lost my MVP Amp, hole 1c (Quartz Course). I was throwing it down hill, with a steep hyzer angle and it caught some major head wind, flipped up and carried to the right straight over the trees into the thickest part of the woods. The bag is feeling a little thin now but luckily I still have my first Volt to carry me through the rest of the rounds. As anyone can imagine I'm pretty bummed about it.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 8
Saturday I was near Jacksonville, AL doing a 5k run held by folks where I used to work (hometown is Cullman where there is a simple, but fun, 18-hole course in a nice park in town) . Short, 9-hole course, but a couple of baskets are near locked (on the weekends, anyways) fences. Hyzered my trusty DX Cobra in the fence and now it sits under a utility trailer. No ink, so if you find it/claim it at the front desk...enjoy.

The comment on the DX Cobra on the previous page cracked me up. When I got to the next hole, I saw a DX Shark in ANOTHER locked fence. This was the pool area, which is still closed, but in the summer, I imagine the swimmers may be in peril.

Also have to mention my excuse that Saturday made 1 week I've been at it, haha. I will only use the noob excuse for another 5-10 yrs, though.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 23
buddy lost a yellow opto river on hole 17 at Nockamixon state park. he flipped it over and went into the roc garden. it hit the first large gap in the trees and flew clean for a while.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 17
Lost my first and only Ace disc on the White Birch course in St. Louis. We were playing in the dark and I over shot the basket on #17. We were playing from the short tees. Hooked my kite around on an Anny and couldn't find the dang thing. It's orange with a custom dye...I'm guessing I'll never see it again!

Old 04-15-2013, 03:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclean77 View Post
Saturday I was near Jacksonville, AL doing a 5k run held by folks where I used to work (hometown is Cullman where there is a simple, but fun, 18-hole course in a nice park in town) . Short, 9-hole course, but a couple of baskets are near locked (on the weekends, anyways) fences. Hyzered my trusty DX Cobra in the fence and now it sits under a utility trailer. No ink, so if you find it/claim it at the front desk...enjoy.

The comment on the DX Cobra on the previous page cracked me up. When I got to the next hole, I saw a DX Shark in ANOTHER locked fence. This was the pool area, which is still closed, but in the summer, I imagine the swimmers may be in peril.

Also have to mention my excuse that Saturday made 1 week I've been at it, haha. I will only use the noob excuse for another 5-10 yrs, though.

Welcome to the greatest addiction in the world.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 44
Lost a 175g Star Gator, Yellow with green stamp, only one word marking it on the inner rim, "Powers". Lost on #3 at Phil Moore Park in Bowling Green Saturday afternoon in the "casual water" creek that was too deep to really want to get in. I could see the disc in the middle though, so I went back after the round with my retriever and it was gone. So someone picked it up. (i took OB and penalty shot unknowingly, but that's a different story)
If you or your friends picked it up, let me know. I'll pay to get it shipped back to me.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 163
Lost my old faithful 150 champ teebird warming up in the wind on hole 22 at Lincoln Ridge this evening. The breeze picked it up and tossed it left into the pond. Probably no more than 2 or 3 feet deep there, but the water was cold, mossy, murky and slimy. If found, I'd love a call (info on the back of it...)
Old 04-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
FOUND!!!

Did anybody lose a Valkyrie at La Mirada yesterday??? 4-21-2013. If so I have it just give me details of your disc.. It's a nice one!

I didn't see a lost and found section so if this is posted in the wrong area please let me know lol

Old 04-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 69
Thumbs up First returned disc in over 11 years of playing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbosprint View Post
Nothing makes me madder than hearing that someone found my disc and kept it without calling. This has happened twice in the last few weeks. They better hope I never find them.
On Saturday my Premiere Opto Villain was returned! I still don't know who had it, but a friend handed it to me out of the blue at Saturday's weekly. I made sure the person who told me they found it felt awful, so it must have shamed them into returning it. My number was crossed off and a huge "PHIL" and phone number were on the flight plate, but I was able to lighten that with some acetone. Tempted to call the number, but I think I'll just let it go.