* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry 44 View Post
I prefer the Tangent as a putter than the Ion or Anode

Really? Why is that?
I can't speak for ZJ, but I really enjoy the Tangent as a putter also. It feels really good with the lower profile and has an Anode like flight. I don't think it'll replace the Ion, because a like the Ion's bead. In a pinch, the Tangent fills both the putter/mid slot well.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 09:47 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
I can't speak for ZJ, but I really enjoy the Tangent as a putter also. It feels really good with the lower profile and has an Anode like flight. I don't think it'll replace the Ion, because a like the Ion's bead. In a pinch, the Tangent fills both the putter/mid slot well.
I can see the approach part, but I prefer a soft putter for my inside the circle misses.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 28
The tangent is just a good disc for EVERYTHING. I seriously believe its one of the best new discs in the past 5 years. They didn't just clone a popular mold, they made a shape we haven't seen much of before. Tangent is better than anything else MVP has put out to date. I have played a handful of 1-disc rounds with it at Zilker park and come out -11/12 every time. The Tangent is a very straight putter when used as such. It glides forward better than the Anode and Ion which seems to dump out at low speeds. It works better for my putt. Now granted those were just fun tester rounds, I wouldn't use the Tangent in a competitive round for putting. But the mold its well balanced and suited for putting if necessary.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:34 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 104
I would agree with the first part for sure with my lighter tangent, where the heavy seems to have a tiiiiiiiiiiiitch more LSS fade but hell of a disc. I posted the same message after testing mine the first time too lol loveeeeeeeeeeee the tangent!
Old 04-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 40
I don’t currently own any MVP discs. I’ve been trying to work on my form and stay away from the warp speed drivers because I don’t yet have the arm for them. I’ve heard a lot of good things about the MVP mids.

I’ve been thinking of getting either a Tangent or an Axis or maybe both. A good place to start?

Also, are there significant differences between the proton and neutron plastics as far as durability, grip, and flight characteristics are concerned?
Old 04-18-2013, 03:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgreen View Post
I donít currently own any MVP discs. Iíve been trying to work on my form and stay away from the warp speed drivers because I donít yet have the arm for them. Iíve heard a lot of good things about the MVP mids.

Iíve been thinking of getting either a Tangent or an Axis or maybe both. A good place to start?

Also, are there significant differences between the proton and neutron plastics as far as durability, grip, and flight characteristics are concerned?
The grip is better on the neutron, not as slick as the proton, actually I only throw either the old style proton (opaque) or the new neutron.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 53
I'm not really sure why I keep seeing comments about slickness of proton, I've been throwing the same axis since last summer and it has been plenty grippy
Old 04-18-2013, 04:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOStheBOSS View Post
I'm not really sure why I keep seeing comments about slickness of proton, I've been throwing the same axis since last summer and it has been plenty grippy
Everyone's hands are different.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 24
Already posted this int he MVP fan page on facebook but thought I'd get opinions here too, to see if anyone else has had similar experiences with other mvp discs.

So..I'm thinking of taking my axis out of the bag and going back to my esp buzzz's. I just can't throw the axis near as consistent or far as my buzzz. I love the volt,tangent,ion and anodes I just seem to always turn over my axis or throw a worm burner. I throw a black 175g neutron if that makes a difference. Comments?

Old 04-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

I bought a Tangent a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it. It's an amazing disc that does the work for you. You don't even need to throw it! Just hold it in your hand and open your hand up and the disc just heads towards the basket, usually landing within a few yards of it.

All joking aside, I really is great. I used it a lot yesterday and it makes turnover shots fun.
Closed Thread