Old 03-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

im sure he means it has a lot of turn. which is true. its still not understable.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
Unless you got a freak one (which happens) the old run Shocks aren't really truly understable...at least, not like the Amp, IMO. You probably have more power than me (that's not hard) so you're likely seeing a lot more turn that I do....for me, the old run Shocks have a decent amount of turn, but that hard fade still has them finishing to the left for me. It's a great utility fairway for me, akin to my trusty old Eagles, and I use them and my Patriot for most line shaping shots. I still love the Volt, but it has slightly less turn and definetly not the same level of hard fade.

The new Shocks, on the other hand, are truly overstable. I can crank on them as hard as I can (again, low-power player here) and see nary a degree of turn, but still that hard fade. I sued to think the Volt fought the wind well, but the new Shocks take much more headwind and sidewind without flipping. They aren't a monster wind-eater like a XXX, but I say they fight the wind just as good, if not better, than a Teebird.

I definetly reccomend picking up a new run as a speciality or even utility driver, depending on your skill level.
Maybe understable was the wrong word for it. My Shock does have significantly more turn to it than my river for example. However, that Shock does have its uses. I can throw it at 8 o'clock and it will flip up and go right everytime.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:49 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 17
Took my new run shocks out for a test today in some moderate winds.

The shock showed no sign of turn into ~10mph winds. Its totally a new flight compared to first run.

I'm having trouble throwing it straight though, this thing really just wants to fade!

I can throw my volts about 400' and throw them with enough power that they don't fade back. when i throw the new shocks at the same power they are flying straight for a short time, then fading quickly after, i would say at about 50% into flight fade kicks in. This makes them easy to control in winds and on certain situations, but its so over-stable i don't see it being used very often. Its like a predator.

I will have to smack a few trees with it at full power and let it break in a little.. i would LOVE to have a beat shock i think it will be very teebird like, only longer.

any ideas on how to beat it in faster?
Old 04-07-2013, 02:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 12
I still need a new run Shock...However, I would throw a ton of thumbers or grenades with it to beat it up.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 98
I would compare the new Shocks to a glidey Firebird, which is fine but not really what I was looking for.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
Took my new run shocks out for a test today in some moderate winds.

The shock showed no sign of turn into ~10mph winds. Its totally a new flight compared to first run.

I'm having trouble throwing it straight though, this thing really just wants to fade!

I can throw my volts about 400' and throw them with enough power that they don't fade back. when i throw the new shocks at the same power they are flying straight for a short time, then fading quickly after, i would say at about 50% into flight fade kicks in. This makes them easy to control in winds and on certain situations, but its so over-stable i don't see it being used very often. Its like a predator.

I will have to smack a few trees with it at full power and let it break in a little.. i would LOVE to have a beat shock i think it will be very teebird like, only longer.

any ideas on how to beat it in faster?
I've thrown several Shocks from both before the fix and after. Many before the fix represent what the "new" Shock will fly like when beat in. It is much more of a turn and fade flight than a Teebird. It sounds to me like you just need a more stable Volt to compliment the one you currently use. A good HSS Volt is the closest thing yet to an MVP TB.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:52 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
I just got a 175g Shock from Infinite discs (btw they are having a killer sale for MVP discs) and I am not sure if it is a new or old Shock. Basically for me it has no HS turn and a hard fade at the end. I have never thrown the "new" run but I was surprised that this was so stable considering I thought it was going to be like a Pred.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

my new/ old shocks are night and day.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:56 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolangherity View Post
my new/ old shocks are night and day.
same.

My new shocks kill it, great headwind discs and useful then i want 0 turn with late fade woot

wait till it begins to break it, will become a longer teebird and enter beast mode

Old 04-26-2013, 11:01 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Okay just reading a bit of the thread I guess mine is a new run. It is not understable at all. It has a good amount of HSS and then a very hard fade 2.5 or 3 at the end.