Old 04-26-2013, 11:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkaiser View Post
Okay just reading a bit of the thread I guess mine is a new run. It is not understable at all. It has a good amount of HSS and then a very hard fade 2.5 or 3 at the end.
yes, definitely a new run
Old 04-26-2013, 11:03 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
I really like it. Flies like my 11x Cal TeeBird.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:05 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkaiser View Post
I really like it. Flies like my 11x Cal TeeBird.
New shocks are money, shhh don't tell anyone.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

i tell everyone to buy a new shock. i use my first run a lot too, its like my volts but it turns sooo late.
i should really pick up a few replacements of each.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:13 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 41
Agreed. Its actually hard to tell the difference between my first run Shocks and my Volts. They have the same amount of high speed turn, but my Shocks fade more gently.

My newer Shock is my most OS Fairway driver. Even more so than my Avery Teebirds. I cant turn over my new Shock at all..which is awesome because my local course gets pretty windy. I don't use it nearly as much as my older Shocks, but when I need it, its awesome.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:37 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 9
I don't have the greatest power, with my longest drives averaging perhaps 350, and was skeptical a 175g Shock would get a whole lot of use in my bag. We had wind at 50km/h today with gusts to 75 and tee offs into each direction of wind imaginable and the Shock cut into headwinds and flew like a volt for me on a calm day aside from a stall at the tail end as the wind closed down on the fade. My drives in some cases were as good as I would normally expect from others discs on a calm day. I had originally bought this disc only because of how well I liked other MVP stuff and thought I'd have a new overhand/trouble shot disc, but now know how versatile a disc it really is. Very pleased.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:59 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 16
My Shock might be more OS than my FAF Champ FB. I'm still trying to get used to it. So far the most practical use is for big spike hyzers.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:12 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
I threw it yesterday up in Ypsi here in Michigan, and I used it a lot on the long open holes that I had room. I have to say it does need a fair amount of snap to get it to go straight but it has a very nice flight to it. I was debating for a while getting one of the new Totem TB's for their OS, now this disc fits that OS Fairway nicely. I like that it is more workable then a predator. I will still keep my Pred because it is such a meathook. This disc is more useful in the shots that you need the disc to go straight and then fade hard to the left. It really doesn't have much left to right movement in the HSS. It is pretty much a PWR: 8 LSS 0 and HSS 3.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Rolling Hills?

The Shock also works really well powered down at mid distances where you want the abrupt fade/skip at the end (or into strong wind).

I still have a fairly large gap in my lineup between my stable Volt and overstable Shock...I either need a Volt with more stability or I need to beat up one of my Shocks. My early run Shocks are actually less stable than my good Volts.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Rolling Hills?

The Shock also works really well powered down at mid distances where you want the abrupt fade/skip at the end (or into strong wind).

I still have a fairly large gap in my lineup between my stable Volt and overstable Shock...I either need a Volt with more stability or I need to beat up one of my Shocks. My early run Shocks are actually less stable than my good Volts.
I have this problem to...it's a tough gap to fill. I have yet to find a more stable volt though...unless that was the issue with the first run volts..