Disc Golf Center
  #11  
Old 04-26-2013, 10:58 AM
papamullins's Avatar
papamullins papamullins is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 425
I have found warm up for me is more mental than physical. Stetching helps, sure, as you're going to be active for the majority of the day. Other than that, I putt a few at the practice basket to make sure everything "feels" right; I try not to putt to much. The last thing I want to do is string together a bunch of canned or missed putts and then player's meeting gets called. If there's a particular hole that I'm psyching myself out on, I might walk over and throw a few drives on it.

I really don't like to warm up too much. If I'm getting there early, it's to get a good parking spot; not to work some stuff out before the tournament. You had your entire life to figure it out; I don't think a half hour of practice before the tournament is going to drastically change your score. But that's just me.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-27-2013, 04:48 PM
chazman07 chazman07 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 96
This is awesome, but I do pushups with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHuHAewa908
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-27-2013, 08:22 PM
ottawa_adam's Avatar
ottawa_adam ottawa_adam is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 155
I usually warm up by playing catch with a floppy putter. I find it loosens up the arms and gets the blood moving a bit.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-27-2013, 09:04 PM
jchoate7's Avatar
jchoate7 jchoate7 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by papamullins View Post
I have found warm up for me is more mental than physical. Stetching helps, sure, as you're going to be active for the majority of the day. Other than that, I putt a few at the practice basket to make sure everything "feels" right; I try not to putt to much. The last thing I want to do is string together a bunch of canned or missed putts and then player's meeting gets called. If there's a particular hole that I'm psyching myself out on, I might walk over and throw a few drives on it.

I really don't like to warm up too much. If I'm getting there early, it's to get a good parking spot; not to work some stuff out before the tournament. You had your entire life to figure it out; I don't think a half hour of practice before the tournament is going to drastically change your score. But that's just me.
This exactly.

The only thing that I try to add to this is I try to socialize a little bit to help prepare me mentally. Talking to other people about their discs and other disc golf endeavors takes my mind off the actual tournament to get me nice and relaxed and ready to play.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-27-2013, 09:37 PM
the1discChallenge the1discChallenge is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Courses Played: 3
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchoate7 View Post
The only thing that I try to add to this is I try to socialize a little bit to help prepare me mentally. Talking to other people about their discs and other disc golf endeavors takes my mind off the actual tournament to get me nice and relaxed and ready to play.
That's interesting. I actually don't like talking to people about discs and that kind of stuff. I agree that socializing is good, but I usually don't like to talk about the event. For some reason I start thinking if my discs are right or if I should change anything because other people give me ideas. It's weird but it is what it is.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-27-2013, 10:01 PM
NOStheBOSS's Avatar
NOStheBOSS NOStheBOSS is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 53
Posts: 1,501
Pull up right as the players meeting is getting underway, so that my tires screech, walk to my hole, shake hands and throw my first shot
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-28-2013, 12:20 AM
discmeettree's Avatar
discmeettree discmeettree is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOStheBOSS View Post
Pull up right as the players meeting is getting underway, so that my tires screech, walk to my hole, shake hands and throw my first shot



BADASS!
Reply With Quote
 

  #18  
Old 04-28-2013, 08:43 AM
Dthunderchicken's Avatar
Dthunderchicken Dthunderchicken is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: House Springs Mo
Years Playing: 41.2
Courses Played: 6
Posts: 1,544
Stretches, false throws and a little jogging in place.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.