Disc Golf Center
Old 04-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHBH
I have found warm up for me is more mental than physical. Stetching helps, sure, as you're going to be active for the majority of the day. Other than that, I putt a few at the practice basket to make sure everything "feels" right; I try not to putt to much. The last thing I want to do is string together a bunch of canned or missed putts and then player's meeting gets called. If there's a particular hole that I'm psyching myself out on, I might walk over and throw a few drives on it.

I really don't like to warm up too much. If I'm getting there early, it's to get a good parking spot; not to work some stuff out before the tournament. You had your entire life to figure it out; I don't think a half hour of practice before the tournament is going to drastically change your score. But that's just me.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
This is awesome, but I do pushups with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHuHAewa908
Old 04-27-2013, 08:22 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 10
I usually warm up by playing catch with a floppy putter. I find it loosens up the arms and gets the blood moving a bit.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by papamullins View Post
I have found warm up for me is more mental than physical. Stetching helps, sure, as you're going to be active for the majority of the day. Other than that, I putt a few at the practice basket to make sure everything "feels" right; I try not to putt to much. The last thing I want to do is string together a bunch of canned or missed putts and then player's meeting gets called. If there's a particular hole that I'm psyching myself out on, I might walk over and throw a few drives on it.

I really don't like to warm up too much. If I'm getting there early, it's to get a good parking spot; not to work some stuff out before the tournament. You had your entire life to figure it out; I don't think a half hour of practice before the tournament is going to drastically change your score. But that's just me.
This exactly.

The only thing that I try to add to this is I try to socialize a little bit to help prepare me mentally. Talking to other people about their discs and other disc golf endeavors takes my mind off the actual tournament to get me nice and relaxed and ready to play.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:37 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchoate7 View Post
The only thing that I try to add to this is I try to socialize a little bit to help prepare me mentally. Talking to other people about their discs and other disc golf endeavors takes my mind off the actual tournament to get me nice and relaxed and ready to play.
That's interesting. I actually don't like talking to people about discs and that kind of stuff. I agree that socializing is good, but I usually don't like to talk about the event. For some reason I start thinking if my discs are right or if I should change anything because other people give me ideas. It's weird but it is what it is.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 53
Pull up right as the players meeting is getting underway, so that my tires screech, walk to my hole, shake hands and throw my first shot
Old 04-28-2013, 12:20 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOStheBOSS View Post
Pull up right as the players meeting is getting underway, so that my tires screech, walk to my hole, shake hands and throw my first shot

BADASS!

Old 04-28-2013, 08:43 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 41.2
Courses Played: 6
Stretches, false throws and a little jogging in place.