Old 04-28-2013, 02:57 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 137
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post
it feels smaller in diameter and height, not sure how accurate that is in reality tho.
The Meteor is 21.5 I think. I remember it being the same diameter as the Hawk. The M4 is 21.7? At least it is legal to 180, so it should be 21.7. The Easy Release thing is supposed to make a disc feel smaller in the hand, so that might be why it feels smaller.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:52 PM

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 26
personally i think the new plastic is garbage. I don't like the tackiness or the fact that the plastic has waves in it , as of right now i would compare it to quest plastic . I throw latitude , innova ,discraft,and westside. prodigy will not go in my bag until they fix it .my opinion I would have not let the discs come out until i had them perfect .
Old 04-28-2013, 04:39 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 137
Disc golf has a very laid-back approach to this. Grip bags had the most horrible product launch ever, but all they has to do was fix the issues and everybody forgot about it and started throwing down money for their bags. Actually people were throwing around serious money for their bags when they were still having issues. We are funny like that.

Prodigy has had issues, but all they have to do is live and learn and it will be water under the bridge. Knowing that you can sell your mistakes and in the long run it won’t hurt your company has to be nice.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 88
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanely View Post
personally i think the new plastic is garbage. I don't like the tackiness or the fact that the plastic has waves in it , as of right now i would compare it to quest plastic . I throw latitude , innova ,discraft,and westside. prodigy will not go in my bag until they fix it .my opinion I would have not let the discs come out until i had them perfect .
Waves in the plastic? What do you mean? Clovering?

I like that they cut their molds in swirls instead of circles like everyone else.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 54
Quote:
You're one of few comrade.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:51 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post

I like that they cut their molds in swirls instead of circles like everyone else.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:00 PM

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 26
No, it looks like to me that they took the discs out before they were all the way set and the plastic ran like paint and you can also feel it too.These are only on the ones at my local retailer there may be better ones. I hope that they just got a bad batch if so I may give them a chance but until then no way.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
personally i think the new plastic is garbage. I don't like the tackiness or the fact that the plastic has waves in it , as of right now i would compare it to quest plastic . I throw latitude , innova ,discraft,and westside. prodigy will not go in my bag until they fix it .my opinion I would have not let the discs come out until i had them perfect.
If you can't tell the difference between urethane and quest plastic, well... I've also never heard anyone complain about tackiness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post

Those waves are a property of the plastic and not anything Prodigy is doing differently.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 92
I bought a 166g D1. It's an overstable beast, but the plastic is great. Very tacky and easy to hold. It hasn't slipped out of my hand early... yet. It's a really nice disc for the "too fast and overstable for me so I can throw it into a strong headwind" slot in my bag. Works nice for thumbers that move to the right also.

I really like the plastic. I won't buy another Prodigy disc until they release fairway/control drivers though.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:01 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 37
I dig their plastic blend now...I don't get what improvements they can make over it. This stuff is durable as all get put. My M1 has taken some serious abuse and only has one little chunk taken out of it....which came from a tone pole ace I hit at Echo Valley in Montana. My M3 looks almost brand new except for the mild color fading which is kind of a hummed because the fuschia color *was* really nice.