#181  
Old 04-28-2013, 10:00 PM
mflores mflores is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Courses Played: 15
Posts: 146
I have an underworld I'm getting rid of. It's honestly too understable for me however it has sick Rolling potential.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 04-28-2013, 10:26 PM
StingHP's Avatar
StingHP StingHP is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ames, IA
Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by mflores View Post
I have an underworld I'm getting rid of. It's honestly too understable for me however it has sick Rolling potential.
Is this a VIP or tp?
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 04-28-2013, 10:55 PM
mflores mflores is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Courses Played: 15
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingHP View Post
Is this a VIP or tp?
VIP 166g yellow
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 04-29-2013, 08:36 AM
LoPan12's Avatar
LoPan12 LoPan12 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,924
...I've got 5 on the way...We'll see who survives...Visions, Rivers, or Furies...
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 04-29-2013, 05:05 PM
Drinkmixer Drinkmixer is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bossier City/Shreveport, LA.
Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 33
Ok, I've had a few rounds with my Furys these last couple of days and I must say, I'm impressed. I bought one GL 174g and one Opto 174g. This may be the first run of Lat. plastic that has little to no difference between the two plastic types. I threw them against an Opto Saint 175g, a VIP Underworld 168g, and a Lucid Renegade 173g. First thing, these discs have awesome glide! With about 70% power, I have them going very straight with a VERY small amount of fade. And when I say very small fade, I mean barely there at all. Pretty much throwing them on a frozen rope at that power. When fully torqued, I'm getting somewhere in the area of -2 to -2.5 (innova rating scale) of turn with, again, VERY little fade. These disc hold an anney line all the way through the flight when released with anhyzer angle. They can also be hyzer flipped to have a small turn after standing up, and finish straight. Both discs, at this weight, handle light winds very well. I haven't had any strong winds to throw them in, so I can't say what they are like in those conditions. Compared to the Saint, they have more turn and finish much straighter. Compared to the Underworld, there isn't much difference other than the fade at the end being lessened. Compared to the Renegade, they have less high speed turn and less low speed fade. These discs are going to be kicking the Underworld out of my bag. I love them and look forward to continuing to learn what all these discs offer to my bag. Remember, this review is subjective to my throwing style, and others may find them to be a bit different for themselves. That being said, I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to fill the understable to straight flyer slot in their bag.
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 04-29-2013, 05:14 PM
SteezeOG's Avatar
SteezeOG SteezeOG is offline
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Emporia KS
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 4,330


Last misprint first run fury they had at DD. Feels sweet. I may finally kick the gl river out of my bag and use this with my saint and underworld.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 04-29-2013, 05:27 PM
Osmo's Avatar
Osmo Osmo is offline
*I whine a lot*
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grape Country
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 1,328
Got mine, looks nice feels great. GOnna go out and throw a round tomorrow with it. Abit heavy for me but it will do until my 168g pink opto comes in from DN i just ordered.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 04-29-2013, 05:58 PM
xjohncandyx's Avatar
xjohncandyx xjohncandyx is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 259
I got a sweet looking pink GL that has pearl all throughout the rim and none on the plate. Cool contrast.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 04-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Qikly's Avatar
Qikly Qikly is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Orleans
Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drinkmixer View Post
Ok, I've had a few rounds with my Furys these last couple of days and I must say, I'm impressed. I bought one GL 174g and one Opto 174g. This may be the first run of Lat. plastic that has little to no difference between the two plastic types. I threw them against an Opto Saint 175g, a VIP Underworld 168g, and a Lucid Renegade 173g. First thing, these discs have awesome glide! With about 70% power, I have them going very straight with a VERY small amount of fade. And when I say very small fade, I mean barely there at all. Pretty much throwing them on a frozen rope at that power. When fully torqued, I'm getting somewhere in the area of -2 to -2.5 (innova rating scale) of turn with, again, VERY little fade. These disc hold an anney line all the way through the flight when released with anhyzer angle. They can also be hyzer flipped to have a small turn after standing up, and finish straight. Both discs, at this weight, handle light winds very well. I haven't had any strong winds to throw them in, so I can't say what they are like in those conditions. Compared to the Saint, they have more turn and finish much straighter. Compared to the Underworld, there isn't much difference other than the fade at the end being lessened. Compared to the Renegade, they have less high speed turn and less low speed fade. These discs are going to be kicking the Underworld out of my bag. I love them and look forward to continuing to learn what all these discs offer to my bag. Remember, this review is subjective to my throwing style, and others may find them to be a bit different for themselves. That being said, I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to fill the understable to straight flyer slot in their bag.
I'm curious: do you find any difference in distance potential between the Underworld and the Fury?
Reply With Quote
 

  #190  
Old 04-29-2013, 06:33 PM
AndyJB's Avatar
AndyJB AndyJB is offline
Chaw Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Disc Golf Mecca: Colorado
Years Playing: 23.3
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post
I'm curious: do you find any difference in distance potential between the Underworld and the Fury?
I didn't, when I threw them side by side. I gotta tell ya, the Fury just wasn't very understable for me. The Underworld is massively understable, but the Fury was just a Saint with less fade. Both have that killer Euro Glide, though, so they go just a bit past other fairway's, IMO.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.