Old 04-29-2013, 12:13 PM

Years Playing: 2.4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Control?

I'm not a big arm.as a matter of fact I just started last year and I'm in my 60's.A 200' shot for me is going to be my limit for a drive.I was shown many different ways to throw last year and to some degree it kind of messed me up.I took three months off for hunting season and now I'm back throwing.The lay off seems to have helped.I know what I'm supposed to do and I do it with my limitations.I have the idea for the drive but how do you get control for the hole that is like throwing down a hallway?It has to be straight every time.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 106
Control is typically a practice issue and/or throwing technique. Also disc choice, if you need something to finish straight at 200' you should be throwing a neutral to understable putter or mid, any driver will fade at that distance.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 1
Get a MVP Tangent, or Discraft X Comet.

200 feet is the perfect distance for these discs to go dead straight without killing your arm.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:38 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Not lost. I was probably posting when the mods were splitting the thread.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:59 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHFH
Comet .
Old 04-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 37
I wouldn't say a putter, just for your age and distance level. I say this because my dad is more or less your age and has been playing since his 20s and he wouldn't throw a putter on that hole. He would generally throw his Condor (large diameter stable disc) or his F-8 Bearcat (an old Lightning disc...I don't know what they call it nowadays) so that should give you a good baseline.

I agree with the Comet. The Tangent could also be a good choice, but it does require some spin that you may not be used to. Other options are the Buzzz SS, the Prodigy M3 or M4 or even an Innova Kite. As you can see, there are lots of options for you. Just look for something that is Understable without being crazy understable, and you should be good. Good luck and let ia know how it goes!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 37
One other thing I forgot to mention about why that shot might not be best for a putter, is that putters generally require a bit more height to go that distance. If that hole is a low cieling, you might not be able to get very far. Mids can go farther on lower lines.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:35 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 35
I would suggest a Sonic. and learn to throw FH with said Sonic. You could also do this with a Polecat. Those two discs are awesome in the woods/tunnel/hallways.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
I would suggest a Sonic. and learn to throw FH with said Sonic. You could also do this with a Polecat. Those two discs are awesome in the woods/tunnel/hallways.
This.

I'll be bringing all my Polecats to Charlotte in a couple weeks knowing what kinds of courses I'll be facing.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:59 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlDeerman View Post
I'm not a big arm.as a matter of fact I just started last year and I'm in my 60's.A 200' shot for me is going to be my limit for a drive.I was shown many different ways to throw last year and to some degree it kind of messed me up.I took three months off for hunting season and now I'm back throwing.The lay off seems to have helped.I know what I'm supposed to do and I do it with my limitations.I have the idea for the drive but how do you get control for the hole that is like throwing down a hallway?It has to be straight every time.
A broken in JLS, Leopard, or Roadrunner would fly nice and straight on a 200 foot hole. Some can easily over power these discs, but they would be perfect for you. These are drivers by the way, and as I mentioned, they'll need to be broken in before they'll fly straight for you. I would also recommend DX or Star plastic. Champion plastic takes a long. long time to break in.