#5191  
Old 05-03-2013, 11:11 AM
aajpity's Avatar
aajpity aajpity is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Crystal, MN
Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulboy View Post
The projected release date was May 3rd. That is when retailers are allowed to release them. Not really sure why you would expect to them shipped to you before that date, unless you are a retailer. You're upsetting yourself, go enjoy the nice weather.
Crap weather. Most games and CDs come out a few days early to people. Reward for pure ordering. I work a ton too.
  #5192  
Old 05-03-2013, 11:11 AM
jcassidy1990's Avatar
jcassidy1990 jcassidy1990 is offline
Reptilian Disc Golf
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: O'Fallon, MO
Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
I just got my anode and ion and the seem really nice. I haven't gotten out on the course with them yet, but just throwing around in the yard and "house" putting the seem to do well.

I'm not sure if they're soft or not, but the do feel soft and nice and grippy.
Welcome to the fan club my friend. They are glorious pieces of gyroscopic plastic. Practice throwing the ion off the tee and any hole under 250 ft. will seem a lot easier.
  #5193  
Old 05-03-2013, 11:17 AM
holotone's Avatar
holotone holotone is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Courses Played: 16
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
I just got my anode and ion and the seem really nice. I haven't gotten out on the course with them yet, but just throwing around in the yard and "house" putting the seem to do well.

I'm not sure if they're soft or not, but the do feel soft and nice and grippy.
If it's Neutron, it's almost certainly medium. If it's Proton, it'll say 'soft' on the stamp.
  #5194  
Old 05-03-2013, 11:20 AM
BlueBells's Avatar
BlueBells BlueBells is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 27
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by holotone View Post
If it's Neutron, it's almost certainly medium. If it's Proton, it'll say 'soft' on the stamp.
That's true for all the newer proton but the older protons didn't have that...they were marked with an S on the outer ring in silver ink if they were soft. I was confused about that for a long time, I had a bunch of older proton ions that felt like softs but didn't have the soft stamp, now I know.
  #5195  
Old 05-03-2013, 11:24 AM
in4d's Avatar
in4d in4d is offline
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Woods
Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,701
We need to put pressure on MVP to push out a Distance driver ASAP.

I want a speed 11 or 12 with 0 HSS and 2 LSS

I just hope the distance driver rims aren't shallow as the fairways, i need something to grip before i rip it.

I reach for Distance Drivers often, but when i do i wish it was MVP


Last edited by in4d; 05-03-2013 at 11:26 AM.
  #5196  
Old 05-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Future_Primitive's Avatar
Future_Primitive Future_Primitive is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Meeeechigan
Courses Played: 55
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by holotone View Post
If it's Neutron, it's almost certainly medium. If it's Proton, it'll say 'soft' on the stamp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBells View Post
That's true for all the newer proton but the older protons didn't have that...they were marked with an S on the outer ring in silver ink if they were soft. I was confused about that for a long time, I had a bunch of older proton ions that felt like softs but didn't have the soft stamp, now I know.
Thanks for clearing that up, as I have seen some "soft" Anodes on the shelf at the local DG shop and they did not have "soft" stamped on them. But it was easy to tell they were indeed a run of "soft" Anodes just from the feel.

I have my own trusty Anode at home and it has "Soft" stamped on it and I have had it for quite a while. I would have guessed (incorrectly?) the opposite of what you posted BlueBells, just making an assumption. I assumed the store had newer ones than mine, so new ones were no longer marked. But it sounds like the store may be sitting on some older runs that were not marked. Interesting, thanks.
  #5197  
Old 05-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Kp0c Kp0c is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Montreal, Canada
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 572
Just want to brag about the fact that I will be getting my first MVP discs tonight, around 5pm. Every disc they make but the Anode and Ion. Can't wait to try them out.
The reason I didn't go with the putters is because I have a love affair with Gateway baseline plastic and can't see changing my Magics and Wizards.
  #5198  
Old 05-03-2013, 11:43 AM
kaiser flippin's Avatar
kaiser flippin kaiser flippin is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastern Oregon
Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kp0c View Post
Just want to brag about the fact that I will be getting my first MVP discs tonight, around 5pm. Every disc they make but the Anode and Ion. Can't wait to try them out.
The reason I didn't go with the putters is because I have a love affair with Gateway baseline plastic and can't see changing my Magics and Wizards.
quietly waits...
  #5199  
Old 05-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Johnny Depth's Avatar
Johnny Depth Johnny Depth is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,579
If you were to throw a hyzer shot around some trees on a hole around 200' and want the disc to land flat instead of on the rim causing it to roll, which disc would you use?
 

  #5200  
Old 05-03-2013, 11:53 AM
plastic cannon's Avatar
plastic cannon plastic cannon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eugene, ORYGUN
Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,127
I don't think you're going to get a disc to land perfectly flat after 200ft of flight on a hyzer, Johnny. You could do it with a anny flick with something overstable however.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.