Old 05-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHBH
That new plastic looks interesting. I assume more stiff than the current stuff available?
Old 05-02-2013, 09:42 PM
International Hair Champion

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHBH
Referring to the star like plastic, which I believe is the 750, IMO it's a similar feel overall, maybe a tad bit grippier and a tad bit more overstable, at least in my limited experience with them.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddmatt18 View Post
Pardon me ru4por but you just proved my point with trying to compare Prodigy to your first sentence. Just making up crazy identifications to try to undercut a point holds no validity. Using a number system IMO is much more effective than using Biofuzion, Fuzion, Lucid-Escape, Renegade, Suspect. Now try to keep up with that between a multitude of different companies using the same outline but different naming conventions. 400G D3 seems pretty easy to me and I believe will be easier for new guys to understand as long as they know how many types of plastics and molds for D,M, and P's there are. And you have to do that research for any company. Now if other companies started using different number systems it might get a little more confusing but I don't see that happening from a legal standpoint. IE)D,M, and P are already taken along with numbers 1-4.
The problem is that Prodigy somewhere down the road might want to make a fifth disc in one of the respective categories. Using a numbering system naming convention means they're going to either have to make each disc more understable than the flippiest existing one, or they're going to have muck their little system up by putting disc number 5 in between some of the other numbers. Who knows, maybe they'll use decimals and we'll have a D 2.5.

This is probably why most of the existing companies name their discs after a thing and let flight numbers show how it flies. They didn't want to be caught in such a bind down the road.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 83
And the PA1 in whatever baseline plastic Gurthie has is like kc plastic. No SS eraser plastic there
Old 05-02-2013, 10:28 PM
International Hair Champion

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsmanm View Post
And the PA1 in whatever baseline plastic Gurthie has is like kc plastic. No SS eraser plastic there
That is definitely a type I have not felt yet, although that is the exact type I want for my pa1. Although, unsurprisingly, GG has got more reach than I do in plastic selection.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor Jones View Post
That is definitely a type I have not felt yet, although that is the exact type I want for my pa1. Although, unsurprisingly, GG has got more reach than I do in plastic selection.
Agreed there, I got to play a round with him in Bowling Green at the Amateur Championships and shot the sh*t with him. Got to try out the PA1 in said plastic and its a really nice blend of kc like plastic. Putted really nice and threw nice but it lacked a bit of glide which is great for someone like Gurthie or myself who can throw decently far
Old 05-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Rick Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 108
Felt up some M4's in the 400G plastic today at Josh Hamm's great new Riverside Disc Golf Shop in West Bend, WI this morning and they felt amazing. It made my hands happy. If I didn't have two M4's in the original 400 plastic, I probably would have picked one up.

I did grab an RFF Wizard and some swag and Josh was nice enough to throw in a free Riverside T shirt.

Really glad to have another DG shop in the area.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
The problem is that Prodigy somewhere down the road might want to make a fifth disc in one of the respective categories.
This might sound crazy, but they might not want to make more molds.

I mean, how many molds does a disc golf manufacturer need to be successful?
Prodigy still has room in their naming system to make 2 more putters, and 4 fairways. 16 molds in all.

Look at MVP (who everyone seems to love comparing Prodigy to). They only have 9 molds, so far....and they're not doing too shabby.

Maybe 16 molds is all part of Prodigy's master plan. You make discs. You lock down consistency. You use your superstar team to promote those molds and keep churning them out by the thousands. Maybe make different plastics, and LE editions, glow...etc. Sounds like a plan to me.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Disc golf manufacturers rely pretty heavily on new product releases.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Disc golf manufacturers rely pretty heavily on new product releases.
Didn't they say they want to change disc golf?

I'm just speculating of course...they may end up with over 60 molds like Innova...who knows.