#5241  
Old 05-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Johnny Depth's Avatar
Johnny Depth Johnny Depth is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,579
I can only throw tomahawks and some less-than-stellar forehand shots with my right hand.

:/
  #5242  
Old 05-04-2013, 08:52 PM
rakamkram rakamkram is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Buffalo, NY
Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 162
In regards to eclipse discs, how well do these guys hold up to daily use and still being able to glow at night? I'm about to get my first glow disc with my tangent in the mail and can't wait to try it out but I don't want it to be toast at night if I play too much with it during the day.
  #5243  
Old 05-04-2013, 09:12 PM
discspeed's Avatar
discspeed discspeed is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 3,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakamkram View Post
In regards to eclipse discs, how well do these guys hold up to daily use and still being able to glow at night? I'm about to get my first glow disc with my tangent in the mail and can't wait to try it out but I don't want it to be toast at night if I play too much with it during the day.
None of my E discs have died, but the glow has faded more on the ones that have spent time in my bag.
  #5244  
Old 05-04-2013, 09:19 PM
KDDEBOER's Avatar
KDDEBOER KDDEBOER is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Michigan
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 233
The fading glow of Eclipse discs probably has less to do with the amount of wear and tear you put on the disc and more about how much you leave it in direct sunlight.
  #5245  
Old 05-04-2013, 09:23 PM
discspeed's Avatar
discspeed discspeed is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 3,314
^^^
Absolutely. I live in FL so the ones I've carried have gotten more UV.
  #5246  
Old 05-04-2013, 09:44 PM
aajpity's Avatar
aajpity aajpity is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Crystal, MN
Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,711
My friend told me "You know not every disc has to be from MVP". I pondered the question and realized it's becoming that way. Innova, Gateway, and Lightning are beyond crap. That leaves Discraft, MVP, Lat 64, and Prodigy as the ones we have tried. I kicked Lat 64 out because MVP released discs that are better then the Fuse & River IMO. So I looked at Prodigy and they are very inconsistent still so why throw them. Discraft & MVP remain. The Buzzz can't leave my bag. Discraft is pretty consistent and they have good discs. So I told him that. Consistency goes a long way for me now. MVP offers is the best. But Discraft makes a mean disc.
  #5247  
Old 05-04-2013, 09:51 PM
rakamkram rakamkram is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Buffalo, NY
Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDDEBOER View Post
The fading glow of Eclipse discs probably has less to do with the amount of wear and tear you put on the disc and more about how much you leave it in direct sunlight.
so...as long as I store them in a nice, dark place when I'm not playing rounds with them, I shouldn't have any problems?
  #5248  
Old 05-04-2013, 09:53 PM
tkaiser's Avatar
tkaiser tkaiser is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 463
Ordered a Volt 174g and an Amp 174g. My Ion is still kicking butt. Made another 30 foot putt today. I will be getting another one to have two of the same for Putting practice.
  #5249  
Old 05-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Aim For The Chains's Avatar
Aim For The Chains Aim For The Chains is offline
Plastic Counselor
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MINNESOTA
Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 103
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
My friend told me "You know not every disc has to be from MVP". I pondered the question and realized it's becoming that way. Innova, Gateway, and Lightning are beyond crap. That leaves Discraft, MVP, Lat 64, and Prodigy as the ones we have tried. I kicked Lat 64 out because MVP released discs that are better then the Fuse & River IMO. So I looked at Prodigy and they are very inconsistent still so why throw them. Discraft & MVP remain. The Buzzz can't leave my bag. Discraft is pretty consistent and they have good discs. So I told him that. Consistency goes a long way for me now. MVP offers is the best. But Discraft makes a mean disc.
same. exact. thing. and have thrown most of them'
 

  #5250  
Old 05-04-2013, 10:29 PM
onemilemore's Avatar
onemilemore onemilemore is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Marcos, CA
Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
My friend told me "You know not every disc has to be from MVP". I pondered the question and realized it's becoming that way. Innova, Gateway, and Lightning are beyond crap. That leaves Discraft, MVP, Lat 64, and Prodigy as the ones we have tried. I kicked Lat 64 out because MVP released discs that are better then the Fuse & River IMO. So I looked at Prodigy and they are very inconsistent still so why throw them. Discraft & MVP remain. The Buzzz can't leave my bag. Discraft is pretty consistent and they have good discs. So I told him that. Consistency goes a long way for me now. MVP offers is the best. But Discraft makes a mean disc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
same. exact. thing. and have thrown most of them'
You guys clearly have never thrown a Teebird.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.