Old 05-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Oh I have, many of them and hate trying to find 2 the same. love a domey champ teebird though its like a volt.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Oh I have, many of them and hate trying to find 2 the same. love a domey champ teebird though its like a volt.
I will politely disagree. Even at my low power the Volt has more turn to it than a Teebird.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 101
I'll have some video up when done processing.. throwing volts into a L/R headwind with no turn-- I would agree a teebird has more fade but turn is minimal.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:01 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 17
my shock i have been beating in is turning into a better teebird, sorry i just like the lower profile and slim feel of the MVP fairway drivers, when it comes to precision nothing is beating out my MVP
Old 05-05-2013, 04:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 27
Volts definitely have turn, but it is manageable. They do not have TB stability. Just today I threw a Volt 10' high, slight hyzer release and 75% power in a very mild headwind and got a gentle turnover out of it, parking a 280' hole. That's one of the selling points of the Volt for me. Stable enough that the turn can be masked with clean hyzer releases, but the turn can also be exploited for a huge amount of technical lines.

If you watch this video from the very first day I threw a Volt, before I was used to them even, you'll see a 370' hyzer at 1:50, followed by me throwing a slightly less accurate version of the line I just described above. Clearly not a teebird.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:29 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakamkram View Post
so...as long as I store them in a nice, dark place when I'm not playing rounds with them, I shouldn't have any problems?
I'm not an expert, but it should help. I'd say if you play with them during the day, keeping the cover closed on your bag couldn't hurt either. I don't really have a ton of experience with glow plastic, I just completed my glow bag over the winter and haven't actually used it yet.

What I do know is the glow mini that I kept in my regular bag has darkened across the top where it stuck out of the bag and received an overdose of sunshine, and it doesn't glow so well on that part anymore.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:34 AM
Birdie Member

Alright, as I said before here, I wanted to give MVP a try and possibly take over my bag. I wanted some discs I could easily replace, and I like the way MVP does things.
I received my 7 new discs friday and had the chance to go out and throw them a little. I only threw the Volt and Shock forehand, and did one throw with the Amp. I mostly threw the mids (Axis, Vector, Tangent and Tensor).

First, the quality of the disc is amazing. They feel and look good.

I won't go into details for each disc, but I will say that so far, I really like the Tensor, Tangent and Axis. I still need some getting used to with the Vector as I feel it's quite overstable but not as confortable as the Tensor. It also doesn't have the Tensor HSS on forehand approaches.

I thought the Tangent would be a little less stable than that. It mostly fly straight, but not understable for me. It will hold the line to the ground or fade gently if it lacks the spin at the end. Amazing disc so far.

One thing I noticed is the effect of the Gyro. Some people will say that I drank the cool aid hard, but I can't help it but feel the Gyro on the discs. Just spinning the disc on my fingers makes a difference (I'm probably crazy, that's fine though).

Lastly, and I have yet to compare with other discs at the same time, but I couldn't believe how well I was flicking the Tensor/Volt/Shock. They flew amazing from the first try (almost no getting used to). I was very surprise to see all three discs having a nice HSS and yet fly straight for quite a while. So far, the biggest difference I've seen with other discs is with my flicks, those MVP are money.

I will probably try to spend some time in the field comparing my older discs to those MVP and try to build an objectif idea about them, but so far, I am really excited because they fly amazing.

My daughter really enjoys her Nano too!
Old 05-05-2013, 06:36 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kp0c View Post
Some people will say that I drank the cool aid hard
Not gonna lie, MVP makes a mean batch 'o Koolaid...
Old 05-05-2013, 07:11 AM
Birdie Member

Yeah, they really do. Fact is I have tried a lot of very good discs in the past. I have an amazing beat to perfection S PD in my bag, a sweet super straight flying DX Teebird, a beat Star Leopard that feels like it's the extension of my left arm (I'm LH) and a few ESP Buzzz that I can lazer at baskets. Off course, of all the discs I just mentioned ,only the Buzzzes were easily replaceable, the others were like small treasures that I could probably not replicate easily.

However, now that I think about it, I believe I wasn't just after consistency, but after some unity as well. To me, I like the idea of having a bag filled with one brand of unique discs that I know are great performer, and were thoughtfully designed. I'm eager to set up my new MVP bag for that. It seems like having a mostly** MVP bag will help me stop my desire to buy every discs that are produced from the different company.

** For now, I still carry Magic/Wizards and probably a speed 10-12 or two in the bag.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:15 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
I forgot to mention that my Ion hit a road pretty hard yesterday when I overshot a hole (crazy amount of glide on that thing) and no damage at all. God bless the overmold.
Closed Thread