Old 05-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHFH
I don't even care about the delay. The way bag releases have gone, I kind of expected it. As long as he delivers by the 17th like he said, I'll stay positive. Decided the Bruces will be rolling with me. What do you think?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2013, 01:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
^^Yes!
Old 05-07-2013, 11:12 PM

Order# 175 here.....

Ok, I just read through most of the pages posted here. Maybe it's my age (over 40), but I'm not quite getting the impatience here. I checked in at the begining of this thread ages ago (about 4 months in real time). I was so impressed with the design of the bag that 2 months later I jumped past the Spinal Tap and ordered the Ergo. I was thinking to myself ,"If I had designed a bag, this is what I would have designed." I then proceeded to walk away and disc for a few months.

I'm going to blame social media (Face Book, twitter, My Space....etc) for this Veruca Salt "I want it NOW, Daddy!" attitude, but PLEASE...........let the man make a quality product without hounding him almost everyday. I am so glad that John is not responding to every little comment.

I expect a quality product to take a while to HAPPEN. If you're talking about a completely new design......no other product to copy..........It takes a WHILE to make a good if not better (hopefully perfect) product. Anyone who has ever tried to produce something from scatch can attest to this.....and I'm talking about a one-off, not a consistently repeatable product.

So tonight, I drink a frosty beverage in salute to John Chamness for creating a product that inspired me to buy a bag/backpack for the first time in 10 years. When it arrives on my doorstep, let the gods sing!!!!

later
Old 05-08-2013, 12:11 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back O' Da Bus View Post
Order# 175 here.....

Ok, I just read through most of the pages posted here. Maybe it's my age (over 40), but I'm not quite getting the impatience here. I checked in at the begining of this thread ages ago (about 4 months in real time). I was so impressed with the design of the bag that 2 months later I jumped past the Spinal Tap and ordered the Ergo. I was thinking to myself ,"If I had designed a bag, this is what I would have designed." I then proceeded to walk away and disc for a few months.

I'm going to blame social media (Face Book, twitter, My Space....etc) for this Veruca Salt "I want it NOW, Daddy!" attitude, but PLEASE...........let the man make a quality product without hounding him almost everyday. I am so glad that John is not responding to every little comment.

I expect a quality product to take a while to HAPPEN. If you're talking about a completely new design......no other product to copy..........It takes a WHILE to make a good if not better (hopefully perfect) product. Anyone who has ever tried to produce something from scatch can attest to this.....and I'm talking about a one-off, not a consistently repeatable product.

So tonight, I drink a frosty beverage in salute to John Chamness for creating a product that inspired me to buy a bag/backpack for the first time in 10 years. When it arrives on my doorstep, let the gods sing!!!!

later
I know a bunch of us were hoping to rock it at big tournaments and make everyone jealous of our sweeeeeeet new bag
Old 05-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

I didn't realize we were all so upset about it. I post a lot in this thread, but it's mainly to keep my mind from wondering back to dreaming about the bag.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 56
After seeing Wills in person, i was impressed. Its a pretty nice bag. As far as tournament golf goes it seems more than capable of catering to most needs. As an all around bag i think it lacks some of the flexibility of my mahal, so I wont likely be getting one. If i ever decide i need a slightly less overkill bag, this is likely the one id go for.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post
After seeing Wills in person, i was impressed. Its a pretty nice bag. As far as tournament golf goes it seems more than capable of catering to most needs. As an all around bag i think it lacks some of the flexibility of my mahal, so I wont likely be getting one. If i ever decide i need a slightly less overkill bag, this is likely the one id go for.
Now that's exactly what I was wanting to hear. Did you get a chance to fondle it any?
Old 05-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Double Eagle Member

I also got to see Will's bag this weekend and follow him around at the national tour and I agree it was a very nice bag. Overall great design by John. Only annoyance was the flap that hung down that Will had to keep reaching under to get his mini out and the side pockets couldn't carry much water which has already been talked about. Also cut him some slack for the release date bring pushed back, it's a lot harder to get bags 100% correct than most realize. I commend him.

Please take this as an honest review as a fan of Will going back to our playing days together and actually seeing the bag in person.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Now that's exactly what I was wanting to hear. Did you get a chance to fondle it any?
No, but i did look at it up close.
The impression i got was, if you carry 15-17 or so discs, and a small amount of extra things, this is a good sized bag for you. Any more than that and it looks like youll have to start sacrificing some storage for other things.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post
No, but i did look at it up close.
The impression i got was, if you carry 15-17 or so discs, and a small amount of extra things, this is a good sized bag for you. Any more than that and it looks like youll have to start sacrificing some storage for other things.
15-17 sounds perfect for me. 20 is really my all-time max, and most of that would be backups.

My biggest things right now are how wide the straps are (they look comically large compared to every other bag's picture I've seen - not a negative to me) and how durable the sleeves will be if they're packed full. One good, one potential bad.