Disc Golf Store
Old 05-08-2013, 11:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
15-17 sounds perfect for me. 20 is really my all-time max, and most of that would be backups.

My biggest things right now are how wide the straps are (they look comically large compared to every other bag's picture I've seen - not a negative to me) and how durable the sleeves will be if they're packed full. One good, one potential bad.
Also curious to see how stuffing things in the bottom affects overall disc capacity. I plan to mostly go vertical, but if I bring some practice putters I am curious if they'll cramp things down below. I don't really play in tourneys or bad weather, though, so I don't anticipate any problems.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgus View Post
I also got to see Will's bag this weekend and follow him around at the national tour and I agree it was a very nice bag. Overall great design by John. Only annoyance was the flap that hung down that Will had to keep reaching under to get his mini out and the side pockets couldn't carry much water which has already been talked about. Also cut him some slack for the release date bring pushed back, it's a lot harder to get bags 100% correct than most realize. I commend him.

Please take this as an honest review as a fan of Will going back to our playing days together and actually seeing the bag in person.
Thanks for taking the time to chime in. I followed your Contender thread while deciding which bag to order (it was a tough call between the Ergo and Contender). You are always very civil when posting in competitors' threads, but you definitely rep your product (not hating at all, you have produced some great bags). I'm happy to see you give some honest feedback about the Ergo, and I look forward to seeing the next generation Contender and new smaller Opponent(?) release.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Also curious to see how stuffing things in the bottom affects overall disc capacity. I plan to mostly go vertical, but if I bring some practice putters I am curious if they'll cramp things down below. I don't really play in tourneys or bad weather, though, so I don't anticipate any problems.
I'm guessing that filling the bottom will eliminate the space of the bottom "tube" pocket. I've been curious how deep that pocket really is (Sarah said she kept her rain gear in there). Can you fit 3-4 putters in it like the second pocket or more like 6-8?

I need to stop posting in this thread too. I know I'm subscribed so I get emails with every reply. You guys that have done the same have got to be annoyed getting an email saying there's a new post and seeing I'm the one who sent it. I can't stop thinking about this bag!!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 57
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
I carry ~25 discs, and play a decent amount of tournies ... I guess I can do the review for the serious tournament player?

... and the last two tournaments have been in bad weather
Old 05-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to chime in. I followed your Contender thread while deciding which bag to order (it was a tough call between the Ergo and Contender). You are always very civil when posting in competitors' threads, but you definitely rep your product (not hating at all, you have produced some great bags). I'm happy to see you give some honest feedback about the Ergo, and I look forward to seeing the next generation Contender and new smaller Opponent(?) release.
Thanks, I'm a fan and disc golfer first and foremost so I enjoy seeing new bags come along especially when they look cool like the Ergo.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:40 PM
* Ace Member *

John just said on Facebook they are on track to ship May 15, so about a week and a half till first shipment people get theirs.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Quote:
John just said on Facebook they are on track to ship May 15, so about a week and a half till first shipment people get theirs.
Crap. I likely won't have mine in time for my trip then. Maybe I should try to have it shipped to someone in Charlotte for me to pick up there...
Old 05-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 57
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Crap. I likely won't have mine in time for my trip then. Maybe I should try to have it shipped to someone in Charlotte for me to pick up there...
do it!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:11 PM
* Ace Member *

I am sure John can do something for you.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Quote:
I am sure John can do something for you.
I'm off work at 4 and will send him an email about overnight shipping costs/alternate addresses. I just feel bad bugging him so much (I'm sure he gets 50 emails for every post he makes anywhere). He's just losing future customers for every day of my trip that I'm sans bag.