Old 05-12-2013, 11:43 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Shot a 995 rated round today with ALL mvp! thanks to the tangent i got out of some nasty situations more than a hand full of times.. just wait till i have a year of experience with these things, lights out
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 10
For the time being at least, I will have to say that my Tangent also seems more stable then I was hoping for. I have a 173g Neutron, white and board flat. It just wants to fly dead straight with the slightest fade at the end for me.

I don't have a ton of power, hit 300' non-consistantly, so I don't know if that may play a part. I was hoping it would knock the Comets out of the bag but I'm just there yet. For the time being it's without a doubt overlaping with my beloved Axis. Hoping it just needs to hit some more trees. It's not coming out of the bag, but neither is my nicely seasoned x Comet.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.5
Courses Played: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskew113 View Post
For the time being at least, I will have to say that my Tangent also seems more stable then I was hoping for. I have a 173g Neutron, white and board flat. It just wants to fly dead straight with the slightest fade at the end for me.

I don't have a ton of power, hit 300' non-consistantly, so I don't know if that may play a part. I was hoping it would knock the Comets out of the bag but I'm just there yet. For the time being it's without a doubt overlaping with my beloved Axis. Hoping it just needs to hit some more trees. It's not coming out of the bag, but neither is my nicely seasoned x Comet.
I've said it before, as have others, MVP discs don't break in that quickly or that easily. My Tangents aren't as understable as a Comet...more like a Buzzz SS really. But it's a great disc that almost always finishes to the right (RHBH) for me. The only time mine goes straight is when I really power it down.

But I have OAT issues, so maybe I'm not the best judge of it.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 9
Just threw my proton tangent for the first time. I'm a max 300 ft guy, but I only get that when I power down and throw smooth. The biggest problem for me is turn and burn with anything understable. I threw a teebird that had only seasoned a few rounds and it turned and burned like it got shot out of the sky.

But the tangent? Oh tangent! I hit it with too much power, new it would burn, but it held the most beautiful and long (only 230 pr so, but long for me) anhyzer! I was blown away! I am still learning how to get it to hyzer flip consistently, but as long as I throw it smooth, it is a point and shoot monster!
Old 05-25-2013, 05:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 42
Quote:
I felt similarly about my 178 Neutron at first although I still liked it. Now as it's beating in (much faster for me than almost anyone else with a rocky gravel fairway home course) it holds a better slight turnover/anny shot. I also just picked up a 170 Proton Tangent and it fits that Comet-like role fantastically right out of the box. I'll have more to say after next weekend playing a tournament on wooded courses, but the Tangent may be my current favorite.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Good job blam! The tangent is truly remarkable!
Old 05-26-2013, 12:57 AM
Double Eagle Member

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

mehhh shoulda uploaded HD. the disc just kinda disappears.

anyways just a 300 foot neutron tangent throw.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 2
Just played a round and used my Tangent for most of my mid-range shots. This disc definitely has the most forward-penetrating fade of any disc I have thrown. Out with the Buzzz, in with the Tangent!
Old 05-28-2013, 01:12 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 5
Quote:
For the time being at least, I will have to say that my Tangent also seems more stable then I was hoping for. I have a 173g Neutron, white and board flat. It just wants to fly dead straight with the slightest fade at the end for me. .
Yup same for me, I'm a 330' thrower and it's filling a spot in the bag just because it's new and fun. Great for me downhill but I'm still more comfortable with a Anode for the annys. The Tangent is filling more of a stable putter and touch FH disc for me. I really like it for one disc rounds but redundant with a full (mostly) MVP bag. I kinda hoped some of the Vancouver guys would be throwing them at the tourney this weekend so I could see what more arm can do with them but sadly they found it too new to bag too.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:35 AM
* Ace Member *

My lovely original N Tangent now rests with the gators and cottonmouths...It was one of those shots that was flying hard anny, brushed into a little foliage and got redirected dramatically into a hyzer orientation taking it far out into the lake. It wasn't a great shot, but the punishment did not fit the crime...