Old 05-16-2013, 07:48 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 11
I was on the Grip pre-order list for 9 months! The BHB pre-order has been a cake walk so far.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkav09 View Post
I was on the Grip pre-order list for 9 months! The BHB pre-order has been a cake walk so far.
I commend you on your resolve, there's no way I would preorder another DG bag if I went through the Grip BS
Old 05-16-2013, 11:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkav09 View Post
Same here...guess thats why I am not quite as phased by this.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Putters! Putters! Putters!

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: LHFH
So...I had a little surprise waiting for me when I got home. I have to say that I am incredibly impressed. There are some things I wasn't expecting, both good and bad (trying to be neutral here).

Basics:
-I've packed in 24 discs: 19 upside down like the Simian in the six slots (4 in the top, 3 in the rest), 3 in the front outside pocket, and 2 in the tongue half pocket
-The side pockets will hold two discs each (they're stacked but locked in place - shook the bag upside down without them moving)
-The frame is sewn into the side of the bag, but there is the room behind it as wide as the frame
-The removable lumbar piece is nice and thickly padded but the strap is 1" wide. I would've liked a wider strap like most hiking packs.
-The main compartment wedges down to the part of the bag that touches your back. That space means more room in the inside front pocket.
-The straps are well-padded and almost four inches wide. With an empty bag, they pressed against my neck. Fully loaded, they spread out enough that I couldn't feel them.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Birdie Member

[QUOTE=tbird888;1996679]So...I had a little surprise waiting for me when I got home. I have to say that I am incredibly impressed. There are some things I wasn't expecting, both good and bad (trying to be neutral here).

Pictures please.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Pics or it didn't happen.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:51 PM

I submitted early so I'll make another post. The bag is great. I can't wait to get it on the course and start breaking it in.

One more basic:
-The side pockets will hold either water or discs. Right now, the disc pocket is very tight when putting in a putter. I'm sure it'll stretch a little with use. I could fit my powder keg of Chucker's Chalk in the outside side pocket with a putter in the inside pocket. I wouldn't try to fit a larger cylinder than that, but I could fit my wallet in there if I wanted.

Overall it's an amazing bag. It's not perfect, but I don't think any bag could ever be.

Wish list:
-I would love a Gorilla Boy bottle pocket on each side so you could store discs and water, but the rest of the bag holds more discs than I will regularly carry so it's not an issue for me. As it is, the water bottles sit in the side pockets very securely. My worries are gone in that regard. My 32oz Nalgenes sit in to about the 700mL mark.
-I would also like a little more depth in the side zipper pockets. With the extra room from the water/disc pockets, I think they could grow the side pockets to make them a little more useful without killing the compact size. I will probably put my wallet and phone there as it is, and that will be it (they sit flat so height but no depth).
-The only other thing right now is that, when empty, the padding on the entire back, not the spots with extra padding, dug into my lower back making me worried about comfort. Once loaded, it wasn't an issue.

I don't know if I'll be able to get a video up before I leave, but I did want to get some initial thoughts down. Bring on the questions.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:08 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Bring on the questions.
Can you post pics?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxpunk01 View Post
Can you post pics?
How do I do that?

Old 05-16-2013, 09:25 PM

Teasers while I get the pics cleaned up

This is something I just noticed. The pencil pocket is too deep for a golf pencil (is it Voodoo that has shallower pockets? Whoever it is has it right) but too shallow for a Sharpie. Looks like I need to buy a shorter Sharpie and some school No. 2's. I don't think that Sharpie will move but just want to point it out.

Right side. Notice the umbrella strap velcros flat instead of a ring like most other bags.

Still worried about these falling out? Note that these are the taller, narrow mouth bottles. The wide mouths are a little wider and sit a little deeper.