Old 05-17-2013, 08:48 AM

Courses Played: 1
Email

Did you get an email stating that it shipped, or did it just show up at your door ?
Old 05-17-2013, 09:26 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippinBill View Post
I didn't mean to imply anything shady was going on, I'm just curious if they have some bags.
Didn't mean to sound like I was being defensive. I really am just a customer like you guys. After my first impression with the bag, I do wish I had some inside information. You guys are going to be impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Hey tbird, if you're still up, can you experiment with putting the tongue down inside the bag and seeing what it does to capacity/post a pic? If so, you're the man. If not...still good in my book.
This is tricky. The bottom of the main compartment forms the top of the inside front pocket (the one with my accessories). The bottom slot rests against it so it really only takes the tongue storage out of the equation in terms of space loss. 19 in that is, to me, capacity. I could wedge another disc or two in there, but it would make it difficult to remove a disc. I will try to get pics some time today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Does it sit well on a camp time stool? I use my chair as a bag stand frequently.
It sits fine on a CampTime. I actually tried to make a video (terrible public speaker) before I started posting last night, and I used a CampTime to do it. I plan on taking my CampTime with me on my trip for the same purpose.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:29 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jincilla View Post
Did you get an email stating that it shipped, or did it just show up at your door ?
I did get a confirmation email.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: RHBH
I am still curious as to how the larger front pocket (the inner pocket that Sarah Hokom says she keeps rain gear in in her video) and the lower part of the main compartment. She has some horizontal and still mentions the "huge pocket" on the front... How I interpret your comment about that is that if you put discs lined up horizontally in the main compartment, you lose that big pocket on the front... am I correct?

Sorry to dwell on one area of the bag, this area is important to me...
Old 05-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
I am still curious as to how the larger front pocket (the inner pocket that Sarah Hokom says she keeps rain gear in in her video) and the lower part of the main compartment. She has some horizontal and still mentions the "huge pocket" on the front... How I interpret your comment about that is that if you put discs lined up horizontally in the main compartment, you lose that big pocket on the front... am I correct?

Sorry to dwell on one area of the bag, this area is important to me...
Whether horizontal (using the bottom slot) or vertical, the discs push the bottom of the main compartment/top of the pocket in question down. Because of the slots, the vertical stack leaves the pocket with a little more space than if you just rest discs on the bottom of the main compartment (horizontal). If you were to use 5 of the 6 slots in a purely vertical stack, the pocket would hold a lot more.

Ask away. I'm happy to help.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:44 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Whether horizontal (using the bottom slot) or vertical, the discs push the bottom of the main compartment/top of the pocket in question down.
In your opinion - would adding a sub-frame in the pocket - keep the horizontal discs from pushing down and "removing" space? Or is it that overkill & completely unnecessary?

Just curious...
Old 05-17-2013, 10:55 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

The pocket isn't a usual cube like most bags. It's wedge shaped. I don't know how much a sub-frame would help. It's hard to explain, but you'll know what I mean when you get yours. I'll be interested to see how it works if anyone tries it though.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 58
You mentioned there is room behind the frame from the top... enough to fit a CamelBak or similar hydration system?
Old 05-17-2013, 12:57 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

There is space the width of the frame. I'm going to say the frame is half-inch. With the way the bag narrows near the top, I think you could fit one on each side. The fabric that holds the frame attaches to the side of the bag and continues to the end of the aluminum at the top. A hook to hold it from the top would dig into the fabric, potentially tearing it. I'll try to film a quick video some time today and will see if I can get some decent footage of the frame. I have a knock-off Camelbak somewhere in my apartment. If I can find it, I'll include it in the video.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 31
Thanks for sharing all this info tbird

Yeah, if a bladder could fit comfortably that would be pretty legit.