Old 05-17-2013, 02:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
There is space the width of the frame. I'm going to say the frame is half-inch. With the way the bag narrows near the top, I think you could fit one on each side. The fabric that holds the frame attaches to the side of the bag and continues to the end of the aluminum at the top. A hook to hold it from the top would dig into the fabric, potentially tearing it. I'll try to film a quick video some time today and will see if I can get some decent footage of the frame. I have a knock-off Camelbak somewhere in my apartment. If I can find it, I'll include it in the video.
Sweet! Stuff the tongue down in the pouch for me if you can! If not, I will post Heavy Critters' Stones logo again.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:18 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Go ahead and post it, I already have the car packed. I'm sorry. I didn't see your post until just now. I promise I'll get one on here tomorrow night.

I did get to play a rainy round at Osage Grove today with kutz167. Besides being a damn nice guy, the kid has a cannon. As for the Ergo, it performed admirably. I did have a couple fall overs on hills, but I'm not used to how the bag sits so that's more my fault than the bag's.

The rainfly is nice, but I did have some trouble getting discs out with the elastic strap that attaches the rainfly to the bag. I am not a fan of rain and usually avoid it at all costs. Had I examined the rainfly a little more thoroughly yesterday (never thought I'd use it), I probably wouldn't have had a problem with it tonight. The hood was actually pretty nice and easily utilized, but I'm still curious as to why they included it. When you're not wearing your bag, your head gets soaked. I did like that the fly "potentially" kept water from getting between your back and the bag, but your back gets just as wet as your head.

Despite carrying a lot more plastic than I did in my Squirrel Monkey, I felt a lot less tired by the end of the round. I can't wait to attack those courses next week. As lofty a goal as four courses a day are, I am a lot more optimistic about it being possible now.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:53 PM
Rick Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 103
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
The tongue (yes, that's for you HeavyCritters). With the putters in the front pocket, the back pocket will stay fairly tight so I'll keep minis in there if I'm in shorts without pockets. There's also a dog tag from the 60s I found at Idlewild between holes one and six and a lucky coin from the Orpheum Mardi Gras parade a friend who's no longer with us gave me.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Rick Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 103
I'm on it!

Old 05-18-2013, 12:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Go ahead and post it, I already have the car packed. I'm sorry. I didn't see your post until just now. I promise I'll get one on here tomorrow night.

I did get to play a rainy round at Osage Grove today with kutz167. Besides being a damn nice guy, the kid has a cannon. As for the Ergo, it performed admirably. I did have a couple fall overs on hills, but I'm not used to how the bag sits so that's more my fault than the bag's.

The rainfly is nice, but I did have some trouble getting discs out with the elastic strap that attaches the rainfly to the bag. I am not a fan of rain and usually avoid it at all costs. Had I examined the rainfly a little more thoroughly yesterday (never thought I'd use it), I probably wouldn't have had a problem with it tonight. The hood was actually pretty nice and easily utilized, but I'm still curious as to why they included it. When you're not wearing your bag, your head gets soaked. I did like that the fly "potentially" kept water from getting between your back and the bag, but your back gets just as wet as your head.

Despite carrying a lot more plastic than I did in my Squirrel Monkey, I felt a lot less tired by the end of the round. I can't wait to attack those courses next week. As lofty a goal as four courses a day are, I am a lot more optimistic about it being possible now.
Ha ha, no worries man. Glad you were out enjoying the bag! I'm also happy to hear it is light and comfortable. The hillside tipping has me a little concerned, but I know it took me a little while to figure out how to set my Grip correctly so I didn't have this issue. Plus, a lot of times I just leave my bag at the bottom of the hill and take one disc up anyway.

Can't wait to hear more reviews of these!
Old 05-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 27
Wish I had the money I have now at the time when preorders were going on. Now ill have to wait till they have normal stock.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:23 PM

how many zippers are on it?
Old 05-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ln108DD2 View Post
Wish I had the money I have now at the time when preorders were going on. Now ill have to wait till they have normal stock.
I am sure you will be able to find one on here. Some people may end up not enjoying the bag as much as they thought they would.

I for one have the Ergo pre-ordered and am waiting on another manufacture to announce their new bag and I may go with that one. So, I may have one for sale whenever I finally get it.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:45 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asymes83 View Post
I am sure you will be able to find one on here. Some people may end up not enjoying the bag as much as they thought they would.

I for one have the Ergo pre-ordered and am waiting on another manufacture to announce their new bag and I may go with that one. So, I may have one for sale whenever I finally get it.
Yeah, I know that Grip is coming out with a new design sometime this year. I want to wait to see what they come out with before I make a $200 dg bag purchase.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:44 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Ha ha, no worries man. Glad you were out enjoying the bag! I'm also happy to hear it is light and comfortable. The hillside tipping has me a little concerned, but I know it took me a little while to figure out how to set my Grip correctly so I didn't have this issue. Plus, a lot of times I just leave my bag at the bottom of the hill and take one disc up anyway.

Can't wait to hear more reviews of these!
I'm a little behind on my promise, but here's a pic of mine with the tongue tucked into the bag. The parking lot is Va-Du-Mar. I played all day with this setup and enjoyed it quite a bit. I think that's how I'll use it tomorrow too. The tipping issue is avoided by pointing the front uphill.

Put in 4 rounds today. Va-Du-Mar, Timmons, Grand Central, and Stoney Hill. It was a long, crazy day (played 8am - 8pm), and the bag was a great asset all day.