Old 05-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattallica View Post
seems reasonable
A stroller with "fat tires" would have been reasonable. These were stock - dangerous for the passenger with the rocky conditions. Did look like it was quite the workout for the pusher.

Maybe I don't play kentwood enough for this not to be weird.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2013, 12:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.2
Courses Played: 164
Throwing Style: LHBH
Yesterday at High Bridge in Spokane:

Just finished #12 and were crossing the road to #13. A scruffy looking dude with a hospital bracelet, a young brindle Am. bulldog[the dog was very friendly] and a backpack and briefcase asked us where #4 was. I asked him if he had pipes for sale[glassblowers carry their wares in padded briefcases around the NW]. He said no, he had electronic gear, but he did have some comestibles to trade for beers if we had any. A deal was consummated, we teed off and started down the fairway. He finished packing up and started to follow us, about 20 yards behind.
The dog was leashed to the briefcase with a 12' rope. He dropped the briefcase, the dog jumped, the briefcase rattled, and off the dog went with terror in his eyes. Fortunately the rope wrapped around a tree about 50 yards into his flight, and brought him to a halt. I'd of laughed my head off, but the dog was truly terrified.
The briefcase burst open during this. Contents? Empty scotch tape dispensers, Playboy, plastic baggies with assorted trinkets and roaches, bandaids, a stapler, pieces of driftwood, granola bar wrappers. No electronics in sight.

Last edited by ohtobediscing; 05-17-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohtobediscing View Post

Just finished #12 and were crossing the road to #13. A scruffy looking dude with a hospital bracelet, a young brindle Am. bulldog[the dog was very friendly] and a backpack and briefcase asked us where #4 was. I asked him if he had pipes for sale[glassblowers carry their wares in padded briefcases around the NW]. He said no, he had electronic gear, but he did have some comestibles to trade for beers if we had any. A deal was consummated, we teed off and started down the fairway. He finished packing up and started to follow us, about 20 yards behind.
The dog was leashed to the briefcase with a 12' rope. He dropped the briefcase, the dog jumped, the briefcase rattled, and off the dog went with terror in his eyes. Fortunately the rope wrapped around a tree about 50 yards into his flight, and brought him to a halt. I'd of laughed my head off, but the dog was truly terrified.
The briefcase burst open during this. Contents? Empty scotch tape dispensers, Playboy, plastic baggies with assorted trinkets and roaches, bandaids, a stapler, pieces of driftwood, granola bar wrappers. No electronics in sight.
Sounds like the opening scene of a modern Hardy Boys book.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
He should have gone to her door and asked for his personal property back.
He shouldn't have thrown his personal property onto their personal property
Old 05-18-2013, 01:55 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohtobediscing View Post

You win!
Old 05-18-2013, 02:32 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOStheBOSS View Post
He shouldn't have thrown his personal property onto their personal property
c'mon...where's the common sense?

So if your basketball rolls into your neighbors yard, and he picks it up it becomes his? No! That would be stealing!

Just because his disc landed in her yard doesn't give her any ownership of the disc even if she had "Private Property" or "No Trespassing" signs.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:54 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 19
At Westchester Lagoon in anchorage alaska
Some drug addict homeless kids had decided to set up their tentabout 40 feet left of the 1st basket. a 300ft. straight shot with trees on the right opens up about 250ft down on the left. We were having our saturday league there and we had been asking them to move all week. so a disc or 2 finally hit their tent and they decided to get mad about it. so naturally every single one of us probly 15-20 golfers started ripping long low hyzer bombs at their tent. eventually a confrontation occured between us and them and the cops were called and they were gone before we even finished leagues. it was quite comical and those 3 teenagers looked absolutely terrible
Old 05-18-2013, 12:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 54
Was playing a new course in Pearland, TX yesterday, and saw a rather large turtle in the fairway, about 40 ft from the #9 basket.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:07 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisislorenb View Post
At Westchester Lagoon in anchorage alaska
Some drug addict homeless kids had decided to set up their tentabout 40 feet left of the 1st basket. a 300ft. straight shot with trees on the right opens up about 250ft down on the left. We were having our saturday league there and we had been asking them to move all week. so a disc or 2 finally hit their tent and they decided to get mad about it. so naturally every single one of us probly 15-20 golfers started ripping long low hyzer bombs at their tent. eventually a confrontation occured between us and them and the cops were called and they were gone before we even finished leagues. it was quite comical and those 3 teenagers looked absolutely terrible
lol, it seems like moving a little bit would have been easier

Old 05-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 12
Strolling to the first tee at Vallarta on 5-26-13 and one of my partners looks up and says," Hey....a rainbow."

Me and the other guy look up at where he's pointing and he's pointing up at the sun. Sure enough there's a rainbow, but its not an arch or directly opposite the sun...its a circle shaped rainbow around the sun and there's not one but two.

Its a double Sundog in May at mid latitudes at quarter after 12 noon.

Sundogs are fairly common in the mountains and at the highest latitudes of the Artic and Antarctic, but the only other times I've seen a Sundog in Wisconsin is near dawn on very cold and humid January mornings.