Old 05-28-2013, 11:56 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Just because he isn't hanging out in the MVP thread all day doesn't mean he made an uneducated purchase. MVP has no way to denote the runs if you weren't here following it's every move. Maybe be a little more friendly to the guy who is just coming here looking for some info. No need to be on your high horse.
mehhh he did say it 'turned and burned' every time. which is 100% bad form.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolangherity View Post
That doesn't change the fact that calling him out for an "uneducated purchase" is a weak move. Just because you are an MVP fan who follows this thread doesn't make you better than someone else.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:49 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
That doesn't change the fact that calling him out for an "uneducated purchase" is a weak move. Just because you are an MVP fan who follows this thread doesn't make you better than someone else.
Any purchase i ever make, disc golf or any purchase outside of disc golf, is researched and i educate myself on the products based on reviews before i make a purchase, everyone should do this.

Know what your buying before you buy it.

I can understand its hard to know about the first runs if your a newcomer to MVP products.

What i would do is contact MVP through email and send your first run to their facility. If the disc doesn't meet their quality check, they will ship you back a new 2nd run that will be much more stable and exactly what you thought it would be.

be an educated consumer!
Old 05-28-2013, 07:29 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
Any purchase i ever make, disc golf or any purchase outside of disc golf, is researched and i educate myself on the products based on reviews before i make a purchase, everyone should do this.

I can understand its hard to know about the first runs if your a newcomer to MVP products.

What i would do is contact MVP through email and send your first run to their facility. If the disc doesn't meet their quality check, they will ship you back a new 2nd run that will be much more stable and exactly what you thought it would be.

be an educated consumer!
This is truth
Old 05-28-2013, 07:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post

be an educated consumer!
While I appreciate that you do research, you could have been a bit more welcoming is what I am saying. It has nothing to do with educating oneself or not, just courtesy. Especially if you want people to be big MVP fans like you are, then reach out with open arms rather than shutting them down the first chance you get.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:38 PM
Eagle Member

Lost my FR Shock on hole 9 at Aptos HS. Top of the world hole where to the left you get all kinds of trouble. I gave it too much power and it turned over hard in the wind...farewell...

On the positive side, I can reach hole 8 at Dela with my Buzzz now, and got a birdie there this morning, so I don't need the FR Shock for that line any longer. I may replace it with an Amp some day and get a real Shock.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

jeez if you guys really have shocks that are so drastically wrong please sell them to me. ill just replace my volts and amps with allllll weird shocks.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:20 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
While I appreciate that you do research, you could have been a bit more welcoming is what I am saying. It has nothing to do with educating oneself or not, just courtesy. Especially if you want people to be big MVP fans like you are, then reach out with open arms rather than shutting them down the first chance you get.
Being welcoming would mean that more people would use these discs, and I don't think--based on some people's behavior--that everyone is keen on this idea. It's like music, a band is only as good to some as the people who don't listen to them. I don't think it's a good outlook, but I think it happens.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by drblam View Post
Being welcoming would mean that more people would use these discs, and I don't think--based on some people's behavior--that everyone is keen on this idea. It's like music, a band is only as good to some as the people who don't listen to them. I don't think it's a good outlook, but I think it happens.
I actually thought about this a bit as well when I posted. MVP is for disc golf hipsters, apparently.

Me? I am taking my disc golf hipster approach by throwing 150 class drivers.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:18 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolangherity View Post
Dunno, my first Shock was clearly more understable than my first Volt, and my first Volt flies like a DX Leopard. So quite understable indeed. On a flat throw with anything over 300-330' of power it will turn and burn, unless you give it a lot of height allowing it to stall. You can make it stay in the air but you really need to focus on it.

Occasionally one just has to face the fact that some of them just are that bad. And yeah, I do have a decent idea on how to throw clean, my putters and Comets don't really tolerate OAT. =)

Went through a stack of them later and got myself a 2nd run one, and that one is a proper overstable driver though. As far as I could see by checking about 20 of them they all were very close to identical (very slight dome variation, PLH variation almost non-existent), and all of them had the PLH so much higher than my first one, that the noses of the discs didn't even touch. The 1st run Shock fit underneath the wing of the 2nd runs.