Old 05-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 80
Throwing Style: RHBH
I too have been using both the Underworld and Fury. The Fury does handle the wind better for me but by no means is a wind eater. I found the Fury to be better at working lower lines. Now I need to figure out if I want to replace my Saint with the Fury or leave them both in the bag.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:13 AM
*I whine a lot*

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by yangs1 View Post
I too have been using both the Underworld and Fury. The Fury does handle the wind better for me but by no means is a wind eater. I found the Fury to be better at working lower lines. Now I need to figure out if I want to replace my Saint with the Fury or leave them both in the bag.
i replaced the saint with the fury. Now I just use a XXX/Stag/Fury combo with an old beat in dx valk for turnover shots.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmo View Post
i replaced the saint with the fury. Now I just use a XXX/Stag/Fury combo with an old beat in dx valk for turnover shots.
I'm thinking about picking up a Stag as well to compliment the Fury and Underworld.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:26 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 15
Little more stable than i thought it would be. Maybe when it breaks in ill like it more. Mine flies just like a light volt i have. Underworld is nothing like this disc, not sure where you guys are getting this. Underworld is a thousand times less stable. I was hoping for an underworld/fury/Bolt understable combination but right now fury is out. Ill keep trying it though, maybe a lighter one ill grab.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Had a field session with saints underworlds stags and my new fury.

Loving the stag, saint is my bread and butter lately again, underworlds have the understable slot. The fury surprised the hell out of me. Saint with no fade. Had some wiggle but a nice forward fade. Hit 370, for me that is the farthest I have thrown. Did it several times today with the fury, followed close by my saints. I didn't think I'd like the fury and I freaking loved it today. We will see at the course.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:00 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.8
The more I use the Fury the better it gets. My comfort level is increasing with this disc to the point that I am using it for shots that I had reserved for the Underworld. So currently I have pulled the Underworld from the bag and I am going with a Striker and Fury combo.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:18 PM
* Ace Member *

whoa. had some great shots again with the fury. Im thinking the opto may replace my saints. the gold line is just enough more stable than the underworld. stag fury underworld may be a nice fairway line up from lat. it will have some work to do to knock the saint out, but so far it seems to have similar hss with less lss. a beat saint outta the box without being flippy. good times.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:34 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattw View Post
The more I use the Fury the better it gets. My comfort level is increasing with this disc to the point that I am using it for shots that I had reserved for the Underworld. So currently I have pulled the Underworld from the bag and I am going with a Striker and Fury combo.
Good to hear! Interested to learn what weight / plastic Fury and Underworlds you are comparing? I'm contemplating a similar setup...
Old 05-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 45
The max weight Opto Fury replaced my Saints for sure. This disc is just so much better at shaping lines than the Saint (for my arm). And I'm loving the 167 GL Fury. Easy annys and turnovers for days, and a really cool huuuugggeee s-shot if you drop it down on like 45-60 degree hyzer. Feels strange throwing like that for something that will turn out nothing like a hyzer in the air, but it's a super cool flight. Really great mold.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:49 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 44
Got a 170 GL fury on a whim, and man I'm a impressed with this disc after today! First throw I had was a 340' turnover shot that a normally throw my fuse on and it held the line nicely and went passed the basket. The glide immediately caught my attention. The next is a 310'tight tunnel that slightly finishes left and uphill, Threw it hyzer and held the line perfect to the basket. The next whole is a dead straight 400' tunnel shot out of the trees and parked it again. The last throw is a 400' anny shot and threw it on the line and got all the way to the basket.

Really impressed by the glide of this disc! Feels great in the hand and just clicked with me. Even throwing it after my round in the open field, it was flying the line I put it on. It's really the driver version of the Fuse. I think that's the best way to put it. Glidey and workable. If this disc is the understable version of the saint, I think I need to try a saint again!