#311  
Old 06-04-2013, 03:28 PM
g2avity g2avity is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Plymouth, MN
Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
Had the Fury in my hands last night. I have no desire to try anything new because my bag is for the most part set. Still, I cannot resist at least being tempted.
Mwahahahaha.
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:31 PM
MrGlass01's Avatar
MrGlass01 MrGlass01 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Glarus, WI
Posts: 3,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmo View Post
saint fury underworld seem like theres a ton of overlap there.... you could probably use just the fury and cover all 3 of those discs.
you have a good point, but the fury cannot fade. not like the saint does. id see more overlap with the underworld. But the underworld is more under stable. i used stag/saint/fury/underworld all day, and while i could drop one, each had their own shot and the line i wanted was achieved. I throw mostly the same and let the disc work for me. more field work is needed but i am liking this combo.
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 06-04-2013, 10:01 PM
smarkquart smarkquart is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 88
Posts: 2,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2avity View Post
Mwahahahaha.
I keep saying it that my bag needs to be declared finished because it is going to financially ruin me otherwise. However, and as I have told you many times already, you were spot on in regards to the Trespass. I am thinking of getting a dyna-max stamped Trespass with a personalized picture on it for father's day.

However, unless the Fury is Underworld understable, I am going to pass on it. The Champ Leopard has completely revolutionized my game this year. There is no way I am going to mess with that slot in my bag now.
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 06-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Mr. America's Avatar
Mr. America Mr. America is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmo View Post
saint fury underworld seem like theres a ton of overlap there.... you could probably use just the fury and cover all 3 of those discs.
Have you thrown all three? Very different. Plenty of room for all three to work independently. I mean, maybe you could beat a Fury into the Underworld slot, but a Fury can't fly like a Saint, and you'd have to really really really beat a Saint to fly like a broken in Fury or Underworld.
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 06-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Osmo's Avatar
Osmo Osmo is offline
*I whine a lot*
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grape Country
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. America View Post
Have you thrown all three? Very different. Plenty of room for all three to work independently. I mean, maybe you could beat a Fury into the Underworld slot, but a Fury can't fly like a Saint, and you'd have to really really really beat a Saint to fly like a broken in Fury or Underworld.
Yes i have thrown all 3. I did not say you can not have all of them if you like. I just said that you can get everything you need form those 3 discs because they slightly overlap by just dropping the saint and underworld and adding something like a stag/teebird.

Saint/Fury/Underworld is just overkill when you can accomplish all of that with just a Stag/Fury or Saint/Fury.

The only real part that is overkill is the underoworld like i said you can make the fury do what an underworld does by just adding some anny.
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 06-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Osmo's Avatar
Osmo Osmo is offline
*I whine a lot*
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grape Country
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
you have a good point, but the fury cannot fade. not like the saint does. id see more overlap with the underworld. But the underworld is more under stable. i used stag/saint/fury/underworld all day, and while i could drop one, each had their own shot and the line i wanted was achieved. I throw mostly the same and let the disc work for me. more field work is needed but i am liking this combo.
To each his own. Like i said, you can have whatever you like in a bag but if you wanted to simplify things a Stag/Fury can do everything that a Stag/Saint/Fury/Underworld can do.
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 06-05-2013, 11:06 AM
MrGlass01's Avatar
MrGlass01 MrGlass01 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Glarus, WI
Posts: 3,849
fury cannot do what the underworld or saint does. my 7/10 saint still fades significantly more than my fury. overlap sure. but stag/fury cannot do everything that the other combo can. i agree there is overlap, but not as much as you would think.
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 06-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Osmo's Avatar
Osmo Osmo is offline
*I whine a lot*
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grape Country
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
fury cannot do what the underworld or saint does. my 7/10 saint still fades significantly more than my fury. overlap sure. but stag/fury cannot do everything that the other combo can. i agree there is overlap, but not as much as you would think.
Meh, agree to disagree. I used to throw the saint but dropped it because of the fury/stag.

I stand by my statement. With a Stag/Fury combo you can effectively do what the Stag/Saint/Fury/Underworld combo can do but with less discs.
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 06-05-2013, 11:25 AM
MrGlass01's Avatar
MrGlass01 MrGlass01 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Glarus, WI
Posts: 3,849
stag/fury is a great combo. for me id miss the downhill awesomeness of the saint. and id miss the utter understability of the underworld. Im not saying there is not overlap and I could see dropping something, but for now there is enough difference albeit small to carry all of them. heck a tp and vip stag can cover a ton too. id venture to say vip/tp stag/ underworld may be a better combo
Reply With Quote
 

  #320  
Old 06-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Osmo's Avatar
Osmo Osmo is offline
*I whine a lot*
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grape Country
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
stag/fury is a great combo. for me id miss the downhill awesomeness of the saint. and id miss the utter understability of the underworld. Im not saying there is not overlap and I could see dropping something, but for now there is enough difference albeit small to carry all of them. heck a tp and vip stag can cover a ton too. id venture to say vip/tp stag/ underworld may be a better combo
I will be honest, i keep a beat to hell DX Valkyrie that i use when i need a straight turnover shot with no fade right to the ground. Which may be why i dont need feel the need for the underworld.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.