Old 06-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
Had the Fury in my hands last night. I have no desire to try anything new because my bag is for the most part set. Still, I cannot resist at least being tempted.
Mwahahahaha.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmo View Post
saint fury underworld seem like theres a ton of overlap there.... you could probably use just the fury and cover all 3 of those discs.
you have a good point, but the fury cannot fade. not like the saint does. id see more overlap with the underworld. But the underworld is more under stable. i used stag/saint/fury/underworld all day, and while i could drop one, each had their own shot and the line i wanted was achieved. I throw mostly the same and let the disc work for me. more field work is needed but i am liking this combo.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2avity View Post
Mwahahahaha.
I keep saying it that my bag needs to be declared finished because it is going to financially ruin me otherwise. However, and as I have told you many times already, you were spot on in regards to the Trespass. I am thinking of getting a dyna-max stamped Trespass with a personalized picture on it for father's day.

However, unless the Fury is Underworld understable, I am going to pass on it. The Champ Leopard has completely revolutionized my game this year. There is no way I am going to mess with that slot in my bag now.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmo View Post
saint fury underworld seem like theres a ton of overlap there.... you could probably use just the fury and cover all 3 of those discs.
Have you thrown all three? Very different. Plenty of room for all three to work independently. I mean, maybe you could beat a Fury into the Underworld slot, but a Fury can't fly like a Saint, and you'd have to really really really beat a Saint to fly like a broken in Fury or Underworld.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:39 AM
*I whine a lot*

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. America View Post
Have you thrown all three? Very different. Plenty of room for all three to work independently. I mean, maybe you could beat a Fury into the Underworld slot, but a Fury can't fly like a Saint, and you'd have to really really really beat a Saint to fly like a broken in Fury or Underworld.
Yes i have thrown all 3. I did not say you can not have all of them if you like. I just said that you can get everything you need form those 3 discs because they slightly overlap by just dropping the saint and underworld and adding something like a stag/teebird.

Saint/Fury/Underworld is just overkill when you can accomplish all of that with just a Stag/Fury or Saint/Fury.

The only real part that is overkill is the underoworld like i said you can make the fury do what an underworld does by just adding some anny.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:40 AM
*I whine a lot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
you have a good point, but the fury cannot fade. not like the saint does. id see more overlap with the underworld. But the underworld is more under stable. i used stag/saint/fury/underworld all day, and while i could drop one, each had their own shot and the line i wanted was achieved. I throw mostly the same and let the disc work for me. more field work is needed but i am liking this combo.
To each his own. Like i said, you can have whatever you like in a bag but if you wanted to simplify things a Stag/Fury can do everything that a Stag/Saint/Fury/Underworld can do.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:06 AM
* Ace Member *

fury cannot do what the underworld or saint does. my 7/10 saint still fades significantly more than my fury. overlap sure. but stag/fury cannot do everything that the other combo can. i agree there is overlap, but not as much as you would think.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:19 AM
*I whine a lot*

Quote:
fury cannot do what the underworld or saint does. my 7/10 saint still fades significantly more than my fury. overlap sure. but stag/fury cannot do everything that the other combo can. i agree there is overlap, but not as much as you would think.
Meh, agree to disagree. I used to throw the saint but dropped it because of the fury/stag.

I stand by my statement. With a Stag/Fury combo you can effectively do what the Stag/Saint/Fury/Underworld combo can do but with less discs.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:25 AM
* Ace Member *

stag/fury is a great combo. for me id miss the downhill awesomeness of the saint. and id miss the utter understability of the underworld. Im not saying there is not overlap and I could see dropping something, but for now there is enough difference albeit small to carry all of them. heck a tp and vip stag can cover a ton too. id venture to say vip/tp stag/ underworld may be a better combo

Old 06-05-2013, 11:30 AM
*I whine a lot*

Quote:
stag/fury is a great combo. for me id miss the downhill awesomeness of the saint. and id miss the utter understability of the underworld. Im not saying there is not overlap and I could see dropping something, but for now there is enough difference albeit small to carry all of them. heck a tp and vip stag can cover a ton too. id venture to say vip/tp stag/ underworld may be a better combo
I will be honest, i keep a beat to hell DX Valkyrie that i use when i need a straight turnover shot with no fade right to the ground. Which may be why i dont need feel the need for the underworld.