Old 06-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocheez View Post
Make sure you aren't dipping your left shoulder. Try folding your right shoulder over at reach back. It should create a lower pull through and slight hyzer angle. Focus on keeping your shoulders loose during hip rotation.
Hmm that contridicts my new theory a little...
So after the hips have turned, the shoulders automaticaly follow and are 90 degrees from the target. Now the disc is supposed to be in the Right Pec and the arm is ready to release with not much turn from the shoulders. So were did the powering with the shoulders go?
Unless the shoulders arent in the 90 degrees from the target when the hips are done rotating, theres not much space left for the shoulders to make a rotation to add to power.
What did I miss here?
Old 06-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
@3:50-5min you can really see this.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
So, keep my right shoulder pointed at the target longer, as opposed to turning my chest towards the target?
Old 06-06-2013, 05:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusan View Post
Hmm that contridicts my new theory a little...
So after the hips have turned, the shoulders automaticaly follow and are 90 degrees from the target. Now the disc is supposed to be in the Right Pec and the arm is ready to release with not much turn from the shoulders. So were did the powering with the shoulders go?
Unless the shoulders arent in the 90 degrees from the target when the hips are done rotating, theres not much space left for the shoulders to make a rotation to add to power.
What did I miss here?
The first hip move or "rotation" is more of a lateral move/weight transfer that gets you into the power zone with the hips still slightly closed to neutral. Then explode the hips, shoulder, arm.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennettUA View Post
^^ agreed, and one of my all-time favorite sports families(Griffeys)

Watch baseball's power hitters, and you'll see more of the same that you see from the best in disc golf. Imagine these guys throwing discs:

-- Legs drive forward, moving all that stored energy of your body weight toward the target.

-- Hips blast through, using the biggest/most muscles at once.

-- Arms/elbows/wrists/hands come through at the end, in that order, and at the highest speed.

-- Follow through with your whole body.

Biggest differences are that baseball players have to have their eyes forward before they start their swing, and often they have to abandon their swing mechanics to chase a moving baseball with a wooden stick.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
It was interesting watching those baseball swings and some of those aren't that great. Ken Griffrey Jr has always been my favorite player and always had the sweetest smoothest swing, reminds me of Steve Brinster. Griffey also keeps his stance more closed before the weight transfer, he falls butt first and gets more squat and looks more like a golfer than the others.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:55 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
The first hip move or "rotation" is more of a lateral move/weight transfer that gets you into the power zone with the hips still slightly closed to neutral. Then explode the hips, shoulder, arm.
When my hips are at 90 deg to the target, my shoulders are not far behind.
I imagine that the movement of the hips and shoulders from here, is short and explosive. If the rotation is to big, the shoulders would open to far along with the elbow being to far in front causing a poor snap.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusan View Post
When my hips are at 90 deg to the target, my shoulders are not far behind.
I imagine that the movement of the hips and shoulders from here, is short and explosive. If the rotation is to big, the shoulders would open to far along with the elbow being to far in front causing a poor snap.
Yes compact yet explosive. This should help you understand how to get access through the power zone: