Old 06-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Got a chance to throw the Fury again last night (GL, 167g) and I was excited that it threw very much like a well-seasoned DX Teebird for me - which is one of my favorite go-to drivers for controlled distance (325-350' .. max D driving is ~390-400'). I am thinking about moving away from carrying cycled DX 'birds and carrying a Fury instead (probably between 169-172g) since it will theoretically stay how I like it for longer.

My question is, would I want to pair it w/ a similar weight Saint for straighter shots that don't turn as much and can handle headwinds better? Any thoughts?
Old 06-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Birdie Member

I pair my Fury with a Striker. It makes a good combo. I dont know if anyone agrees with me on this or not but I feel the Striker is a little more stable than a Saint. So to me I have less overlap with my Fury.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattw View Post
I pair my Fury with a Striker. It makes a good combo. I dont know if anyone agrees with me on this or not but I feel the Striker is a little more stable than a Saint. So to me I have less overlap with my Fury.
Well, the reason I ask is I carry anywhere between 2-3 DX 'birds in various wear for various shots depending on the situation. I don't mind having a bit of over-lap in my bag ('cause it holds plenty! ) and was thinking about carrying Fury/Saint/Champ Teebird as opposed to slightly season DX 'bird, moderately/heavily seasoned DX 'bird and the Champ Teebird stays the same for heavier headwinds and hyzer lines.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Birdie Member

Saints handle headwinds a little better than they Fury but can still get pushed around. A Stag in VIP would pair nicely with the Fury. When I was tossing the Stag it handled a decent headwind. It would get pushed by the wind a little but still fade out at the end. It could be just me but I never had much luck with saints in a decent headwind. If you still want to try a Saint for that spot I would recommend a Opto Saint on the heavier side.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 45
I am trying out a Fury/Tsunami setup. I'll post on the results when I can get a feel for it. The Tsunami may be a little too stable but I want my stable counterpart to be dependable.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattw View Post
Saints handle headwinds a little better than they Fury but can still get pushed around. A Stag in VIP would pair nicely with the Fury. When I was tossing the Stag it handled a decent headwind. It would get pushed by the wind a little but still fade out at the end. It could be just me but I never had much luck with saints in a decent headwind. If you still want to try a Saint for that spot I would recommend a Opto Saint on the heavier side.
Played in some sustained windy (15+ MPH) conditions this weekend and observed the same...

A GL Fury would turn-over in a headwind and begin a slow forward glide to the ground. A GL Saint would "slide" but not turn-over. A little hyzer-release seemed to help in both cases!

The TP Stag did well when thrown low and flat into the headwind. The normally strong (dumping) fade was transformed into a Saint-like forward fade.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:54 PM
* Ace Member *

The fury is the real deal. Not too understable, the hss is nice on this disc. The opto is dead nuts for me on about an 80% throw. Almost no fade at all. The gold line is a tricky little devil, but with some more work i thing it can stick around too.

I am worried for my saints.... The fury flies like I would want a beat saint to fly, but the saint gets too squirrelly and the fade is still in my main saint after 2 years of use. I trust my saint more downhill, but the fury is just too fun.

Stag fury underworld is proving to be stellar for me.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYdischippy View Post
I am trying out a Fury/Tsunami setup. I'll post on the results when I can get a feel for it. The Tsunami may be a little too stable but I want my stable counterpart to be dependable.
Proline Tsunamis will beat in some, so that pairing makes sense to me. I could see a SP Tsunami/Proline Tsunami/GL Fury setup.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 16
I have a 169 fury, but that thing is a flip machine for me . . . i have for a niche for it, though. i've got maybe 350-380 in me for distance, tops, so i just hyzer flip it as hard as i can into the sky and watch it sail a looooooooooong way.

i keep my fury for turnovers and easy distance, my striker for lazer beam straight shots and hyzer, and my river for line shaping/s-curve distance.

i really love my striker the best out of the three; that disc is just soooo straight.

anybody else have the problem i've got with the fury? it really is only good for me with a LOT of room, like an open field.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:45 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5QU166Y View Post
Proline Tsunamis will beat in some, so that pairing makes sense to me. I could see a SP Tsunami/Proline Tsunami/GL Fury setup.
I have a flat top SP Tsunami now. It's probably about ESP Pred stable right now. Knocked my Z Preds out of the bag because they were more than I needed. I would like to get my hands on a beat in Proline Tsunami and a newish Proline Tsunami. I think it could be a really good pairing.