Old 06-16-2013, 11:04 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 36
One observation I made in 40 years of ball golf holds true in disc golf: the frequency of players out to enjoy the game and companionship is inversely proportional to the price of playing.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
have not made it up there just yet. next summer.
Ah well, you're going to love it. Stay the weekend.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:05 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: LHBH
I love this sport, I have never had such an affinity for any athleic endeavor, and I try to play a little every day. SOme days, I try to steer clear of others. I tend to jabber without end, and I get a little self conscious. That being said, there are other days where I troll around the first 7 holes of my home course in order to meet a buddy, or a new person who is out for a round. I really enjoy the mutual focus on the game, the positive attitude, and the new insights I gain from other enthusiasts. I've looked down my nose at other chuckers on occasion, and have ALWAYS ended up chastising myself for having a bad attitude. On occasion, I have seen other people treat me the same way.

We are throwing plastic at metal in the great outdoors. It is fun for the sake of fun, and I believe it brings us face to face with our better natures. Weird but true. Get out there, chuck a few, and make some new friends.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:14 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 34
Send a message via Yahoo to Stevenunya
I love it when I pull up to the course and see out of state license plates. Our course isn't the easiest to navigate if you've never played it before so I always offer to show them their way. I've met a few different pros and lots of interesting people on the course this way. I must agree that the majority of disc golfers are decent people.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmacka View Post
I love this sport, I have never had such an affinity for any athleic endeavor, and I try to play a little every day. SOme days, I try to steer clear of others. I tend to jabber without end, and I get a little self conscious. That being said, there are other days where I troll around the first 7 holes of my home course in order to meet a buddy, or a new person who is out for a round. I really enjoy the mutual focus on the game, the positive attitude, and the new insights I gain from other enthusiasts. I've looked down my nose at other chuckers on occasion, and have ALWAYS ended up chastising myself for having a bad attitude. On occasion, I have seen other people treat me the same way.

We are throwing plastic at metal in the great outdoors. It is fun for the sake of fun, and I believe it brings us face to face with our better natures. Weird but true. Get out there, chuck a few, and make some new friends.
Great post! I think your perspective is mutual for the majority of us.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHFH
You can meet alot of decent disc addicts out there, but there are some who give us a bad name though too. Even today, I got stuck behind a guy with his gf and the had a bottle in a paper bag going slow. But a two-some caught up and I joined with them while they were out for a casual round and enjoying the game.