Disc Golf Store
Old 06-30-2013, 11:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
I'm sitting on about six in each plastic, plus I've thrown some of my friends Tangents.

I have flatter protons and neutrons that started out mildly understable. Thrown with a touch of hyzer with 350' of power there will be some movement to the right.

I have slightly domey protons and neutrons that started out stable. Thrown with a touch of hyzer and 350' of power they are laser beams.

Lots of videos of both types turning and both types holding straight on www.youtube.com/thediscgolfvids

Watch hole 16 on the portage lakes short tees video. Lost that eclipse tangent throwing that same shot at leagues. Eclipses can def turn haha.

Last edited by Mike C; 06-30-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Considering that we have already seen 3 different runs with different combinations of plastics, I've got to say that the Tangent is coming out incredibly consistent for a neutral flyer.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:37 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 8
I got my first Ace with a Tangent the other day! The hole was on at about 190' dogleg left through the woods. I put it on a nice easy hyzer and it held the perfect line all the way to the basket. I heard a loud CHING and saw the disc sitting in the basket. I absolutely love this disc!
Old 06-30-2013, 09:31 PM

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu-f-o View Post
so what approach range does the tangent feel LEAST touchy at? 200ft? 250?

I'm looking for a longer approach disc to replace my z buzzz.
this disc, although understable, still seems a bit stable from videos. Seems it would be nice for dependable long approaches, but not sure.
Hey dude I keep the tangent and the buzzz in the bag. They compliment each other really well
Old 06-30-2013, 11:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I have flatter protons and neutrons that started out mildly understable. Thrown with a touch of hyzer with 350' of power there will be some movement to the right.

I have slightly domey protons and neutrons that started out stable. Thrown with a touch of hyzer and 350' of power they are laser beams.
preeeeecisely. its alllll about the dome, not the opacity.

i need to buy another brightly colored tangent, im always reluctant to throw my clear proton/ dark blue eclipse/ blue neutron on blind shots..
Old 07-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSB47 View Post
Hey dude I keep the tangent and the buzzz in the bag. They compliment each other really well
As do I.. Very active with each disc too.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:59 AM
* Ace Member *

have to bump this thread to say one thing. If you own a tangent you owe it a one disc round. Holy crap my eyes are open now. It literally did everything i needed today. When i got to the course it was already 88 at 9 am. I did not want to carry my bag for 18 holes so i dropped it and went tangent anode. Hyzer lines check, anny lines check, super dead nuts straight no fade check. 12 under today with two discs. Granted from the short tees in the short pin position but still it was on fire today. It has for sure planted itself in the bag.

i guess i said more than one thing. its fun discovering the magic of a disc when you force yourself to learn it. Gonna play that way more when the course is laid out like this.

i do see the need for something more understable. Man a nice understable anode or tangent out of the box would rock.

Last edited by MrGlass01; 07-18-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

I agree with Sweet Glass.

The tangent is very dominant. I used it today on almost every hole at my local 24-hole home course for the first time. It was great! I am really going to start using it more often. I'd like to get an eclipse one soon too!
Old 07-18-2013, 01:16 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 22
I'm going to go out and do a Tangent/Tensor/Anode round this weekend. The Tursas and Warship are already well established in my bag, but I am increasingly thinking of them as fairway drivers rather than mids (especially since I have nothing between them and my mvp drivers). As great as the Tangent has been, I'm still not convinced that I need it when I have the awesomeness that is the Anode. Still, it's been really hard to range for a putter and I wonder if the powered down Tangent might suit my needs better. Nothing like watching the laser straight flight as it just soars past the basket...

How does the Tangent do in situations where you'd be well within range with a putter? Nevermind whether you should, just how close have you guys been effectively been throwing it from?

Old 07-18-2013, 01:22 AM
* Ace Member *

^I am mostly using it off the tee. today it ranged from 170 to 360. on shorter holes where i needed fade out of it to range it was fairly easy to do so as long as i held my release angle as desired. Most of the courses here do not require to approach with a mid. I am usually with in putting range, but if i have the room the suspect is my main approach disc. I need a more stable MVP putter!! Tensor is doing great on powered down approaches too. nice lines with that thing.