Old 07-01-2013, 12:22 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
My shock and volt overlap a bit.. Anyone else?
I have a hard time comparing the MVP fairways to discs from other manufacturers but my volt and shock definitely do not overlap.

I wasn't really around when the first run shocks came out but I've heard that they did not fly as expected. If it was that they were less stable then I might have to get my hands on one.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:25 AM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
I have a hard time comparing the MVP fairways to discs from other manufacturers but my volt and shock definitely do not overlap.

I wasn't really around when the first run shocks came out but I've heard that they did not fly as expected. If it was that they were less stable then I might have to get my hands on one.
They're less stable but not in a good way. Similar to a volt but harder to buy backups for in the event that you love them.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:31 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 5
Yeah then I guess there would be some unnecessary overlap there...
Old 07-01-2013, 12:39 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.3
Courses Played: 39
My first run Shocks and my Volt definetly have some overlap, but still not a lot. The FR Shocks have a lot of turn, but a lot of good, forward penetrating fade as well. It reminds me a bit of a really good Eagle...like an 11x KC Pro but much, much longer. Super versatile. My Volt has some turn, but more like a worn-in Teebird than an Eagle. These are highly imperfect analogies though. MVP is very unique.

The newer run Shocks though are just super beef. No overlap with my Volt...or my Teebirds for that matter. It is a true overstable disc. It was the most overstable disc in my bag until I got the Stilleto.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:03 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 12
So the 2nd runs are like a predator.....I always thought my 1st run flew like an flx XL
May have to get a 2nd run eventually.

Last edited by Ty_Ty; 07-01-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:10 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 26
2nd run shock is pretty much like c-line PD or Teerex from innova. 0 HSS and 2,5 - 3 LSS.

First run shock has point of no return. it has some HSS but if you over power it, it just flips over and flies right. It needs either high line or slowish throw. Noodle arm might use it as overstable disc.

i am really glad they made the second run.

compared to volt, 2nd run shock is much more stable.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:57 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 14
My Shock is very overstable backhand. When thrown forehand, it flies similar to a fairly used 11x KC Pro Banshee.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 10
The Shock in my bag has been exactly what I wanted. With my paltry 325-350' arm it is all the beef I need from a driver. Also get some really nice skips with it. It is one of the few slots in my bag that I don't even think about replacing.

I agree. The impressions I've gotten from the 1st runs is that they are like an OS Eagle type flight.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:38 AM
* Ace Member *

When the Shock is run in Proton I don't think there will be as large of difference in stability between it and the N version as we are seeing with N Volt vs. P Volt. When they "fixed" the Shock they really broke ground in terms of getting things perfect and keeping the PLHs very consistent. So the P Volt is benefiting from this whereas the N Volts were run before the fix. Since the N Shocks are already "fixed" I don't know whether the P Shock will be more overstable or not.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
My shock is impossible to beat in. i have thrown it every day since release and it will not lose any stability, tomorow im going to take it to the parking lot and toss some huge spike hyzers and rollers.. its the only way.

I cant imagine how OS the proton shock is going to be.. omg.
I had an orange one I threw multiple times every round that was getting there. These wear very well, just like a Teebird. It had a touch more glide and a later fade, but wasn't turning or having issues in headwinds. That ones in the water though